The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2004, 09:58 PM   #1
SanitysBane

first time!

hey i hope this belongs here because it does have to do with my 83 truck.

anways, i went to wal-mart to get gas for ol' red, and i pulled up to the pump and this guy with a 97 red firebird gta, at the pump next to me just comes up and goes, "Sounds like you have a big block under that hood." and so for the next 45 minutes we just b.s.ed about my truck, his car, and his mustang with a 496 big block chevrolet. i felt so happy it was like i was flying, thats the first that anyone has ever wanted to talk about MY truck, it makes it all worth it and makes me want to spend even more money on it. i can't wait till i get a job so i can finish her up! just thought i would share with with y'all.

anyone else have a similar experince with there P.O.S. beater or under construction truck?
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

yea, I keep finding notes asking if it's for sale. I get asked at fuel pumps all the time too. My answer. No!
gchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

i've been asked if mine is for sale too. at a gas station one time i had one of the guys that was a pumper(guy who fills the gas tanks) come up to me and compliment my truck on the way it sounds
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:12 PM   #4
Ric83

I have been asked if mine is for sale too.But I think it is cause they hate to see such a great starting platform go to waste just sitting there for close to two years now.
Ric83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:57 PM   #5
corn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitysBane
hey i hope this belongs here because it does have to do with my 83 truck.

anways, i went to wal-mart to get gas for ol' red, and i pulled up to the pump and this guy with a 97 red firebird gta, at the pump next to me just comes up and goes, "Sounds like you have a big block under that hood." and so for the next 45 minutes we just b.s.ed about my truck, his car, and his mustang with a 496 big block chevrolet. i felt so happy it was like i was flying, thats the first that anyone has ever wanted to talk about MY truck, it makes it all worth it and makes me want to spend even more money on it. i can't wait till i get a job so i can finish her up! just thought i would share with with y'all.

anyone else have a similar experince with there P.O.S. beater or under construction truck?

I cant remember if Ive seen it before. Can you post a pic of it? Engine too? Congrats on the compliments. ..corn
corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:19 PM   #6
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

I fully understand it, Sanity. When I first started driving MY ol' red, people would ask me all about it, even in its less-that-flashy state. Several times we would spend 5-10 minutes in a parking lot just a rambling on. And it feels nice talking about it, about YOUR OWN vehicle, or at least that's what it is for me, since this IS my first vehicle. Now the main thing i get is people who recognize it from my dad, who drove the thing for a living driving all over louisiana doing his thing. I can't count the times the most random people will go "hey you must be Danny's boy!"
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
Prerunner1982

nope never had anyone ask or want to buy my truck.. had a guy circle my truck one time to get a 2nd look at my old custom taillights.. but thats about it..
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:43 PM   #8
TIMSPEED

Never had ANYONE ask me about any of my cars, except for when I had my gold vette, a lot of vato's would always say "I like the color ese."
Old 12-01-2004, 05:59 PM   #9
SanitysBane

well i found some not very current, just got a digi cam and i will post hot fresh pictures tomo.
Attached Images

Last edited by SanitysBane; 12-01-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:59 PM   #10
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

yeah ,people always complimented asked about buying the 75 until i put a FOR SALE in it .
with todays mufflers and BIG small blocks it is harder to tell the sounds apart but in yesteryear I could nail-em from two blocks away. up close the Big block will always have a 'ting' in the headers that is easy to pick up on. DAVE
98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:01 PM   #11
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

That happens to me once or twice a month. My truck is nothing special, it is just really clean and unmolested for its age. A couple of months ago, I had people asking if it was for sale two days in a row.

The paint is bad, but it is all one color. The windows are tinted, but faded to almost clear. The seat has a couple of tears, and the carpet has seen better days. I put drop spindles on the front, but never did the back, so it sits funny. Even with all of this, it still looks better than most of the others I see.

I never ask people what they want to offer when they ask if it is for sale. I always figure they think they will get it for $1000 or something. Maybe I should start asking...

Slonaker
Old 12-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #12
SanitysBane

well crap, i can't post my new pictures because they are to big, how screwed am i?
Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #13
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

i get asked every now and then if i want to sell it-my answer is no or i get the time honored-hey is that a 78 or hey that looks like a truck i used to have or my fav is when this guy came up to me and my uncle when he lived down here-we had went to circle k for gas-me in the 78 and him in his 76 and the guy comes up to us and says i bet those trucks aint stock and we both look at him and say no there not.then he asked if there for sale.again the answer was no

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:05 AM   #14
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossy
yeah ,people always complimented asked about buying the 75 until i put a FOR SALE in it .
I know exactly what you mean!! i still get people that compliment me on it tho. what i really hate is when im in my camaro and people think its my dads, or daddy bought if for me. i hate people like that. dont they know the majority of ls1 owners are under 24?
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #15
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitysBane
well crap, i can't post my new pictures because they are to big, how screwed am i?
Not screwed at all. Get Irfanview, and use it to resize your photos. It is a great program and it is FREE.

http://www.irfanview.com

Slonaker
Old 12-03-2004, 07:15 PM   #16
SanitysBane

i fixed them, they are friggin' huge, i put them in a differnt post
Old 12-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #17
PHOENIX

I think I have had about 5 different strangers ask to buy my truck.
Always no of course. I think they ask because they see the bad paint and
think I dont plan to do anything with it.
A couple times someone knocked on the door to see if Id sell it.
Always no, and almost always its someone who had one just like it and wished they never sold it.
Sometimes I think about selling my truck, then I think why.
I can work on almost anything on the truck, its my first vehicle and my mother gave it to me. Also the things I want to do to the truck can be done for a few thousand dollars (maybe about 10 ) and I would like it better then a new truck.