The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-11-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
784X4GUY
Did someone say MUD?

All AZ chevy owners read this!!!!!!!

My wife and I recently bought a brand new 04 2500HD CCSB from Lou Grubb Chevrolet, located at 91st and Bell. It is highly recommended that you neither purchase nor take your vehicle here for any type of servicing. The truck, a very nice looking black, went in the shop at about 700 miles for a loud noise coming from the transfer case. As per the warrenty, we assumed that taking the truck to them would be no problem. This may seem like an intelligent sort of thought, but as we were greeted by the service manager, it became clear that their service was lacking that certain knowledge we had hoped for. We were first insulted by the comment that nothing was wrong with the loud clunk from under the truck! If that was bad enough, it took them an entire week to fix the problem. One might think that we came out on top, but the scratches found in the bed of our truck revealed a dfferent story. My wife took the truck back to complain and was very insulted. They assumed that since her anatomy differed from that of men, that she knew nothing about vehicles. I pity the poor man that had the nerve to say these things. They attempted to "buff" the scratches out, but it is hard to re-apply paint with a buffer. After some words, she convinced them the only suitable fix was a spray in bed liner. Needless to say, we got our way. We later took it back for a speedometer problem, and received our vehicle back in a timely manner. But with a shocked look, my wife once again found scratches all over the truck. They once again denied their incompetence. The moral of the story is, if you value your chevy, whether it be new or old, stay away from Lou Grubb Chevrolet.

Mini trucks are for guys who cant get it up!
784X4GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

i personally do my own maintenance whenever possible but ill be sure to remember that and be sure everyone i know is aware of that.

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
rolson1039

i have a friend who bought a 04 tahoe in Laffin Chevrolet in South River NJ brand new almost a year ago. Similarly the transfer case was making all kinds of noise and similarly they denied the problem. He took it back twice that way til finally i went back with him to the dealership and i got the service manager and explained to him that there was indeed a problem that the trnasfer case did not make such noises and that should they give him back the truck again i would #1 get my friend to start actions under the lemon law, #2 report the dealership to the better business bureau, the attorney general, the department of consumer affairs, and any other city/state/federal agency i could think of that would listen, and finally #3 i had the business card for a well known local tv anchorman.. i explained to the dealer that this news anchor and myself were very good friends and if they insisted on jerking us around, i would contact him andit would guarantee their "Shame on you" reporter ( a weekly story about some local scam artist) would be paying them a visit with rolling cameras.
It took them a week to get the problem straightened out getting parts but the truck runs perfect now. For the troubles the dealership owner gave my buddy cupons for free oil changes for a year..
moral of the story is if they wanna try and slap ya in the face , make sure ya punch back!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:43 AM   #4
Tom
driving is in my blood

That sucks. Only warrenty work my family has had done in the past couple of years have been on my moms hondas, and that dealership [showcase honda] treats her exellently. At least your wife sounds tuff enough to get the problems fixed
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #5
PHOENIX

Since you're in Avondale let me give you a warning about Gateway Chevrolet at 91st ave and I-10. We have taken my GF's mailbu in there for a few things.
The car is a 2002 and just had its forth battery installed. Because the car is out of the original warranty, it now has the extended warranty, they battery is not covered. I of course have a hard time believing that all (3) ac delco batteries can go bad (in less then 50k miles). But whatever. So this time we had to pay for the battery, so I purchased an optima red top and tossed it in there. Another complaint we had was the windows roll down slow. They said it was because of the dead battery. I think not, brand new battery still slow windows. The car is going back this week because the cd player is funked up and I will show them the speed of these windows compared to a new(er) malibu. It took them a few weeks to get a hold of a sterio to put in there. Also the car was in there a year ago to get the battery replaces (while under original warranty) and someone opened a shrink wrapped case of water on the back seat and stole one. I know its only a bottle of water, but theft it theft and I would have broke his hand if I caught him. The service manager doesnt like me calling and makes us feel unwelcome and a pain while our vehicle is in their shop. You better believe if we get one of those surveys, they wont be looking good.

To top it off their parts department licks b*lls and couldnt find a part number if their job depended on it. I live at 75th ave and Thomas (Osborn) so Gateway is close, but I have to call a few other dealers to get the part number before I even think about going to Gateway to buy something.

Ohh, I almost forgot. The center dash vent wasnt working. So they dig into it and find that all the back clips are dry rotted and busted off. They need to replace the entire dash strip and center vents (under warranty). Well we get the car home and I start looking at it. The dash strip isnt even installed correctly. There are large gaps all around it. Near the gauges light is shining out around the bezel. I was able to pop it in someone better, but its still not right. I am not happy with there service at all. Only good thing I can say about them is they found an intake leak and repaired it (under warranty).
Old 12-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #6
8t5Silverado
Mudslides 'r my specialty

My brother just had the same issue with a brand new stainless 1911 Springfield .45.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500339
8t5Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #7
PHOENIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t5Silverado
My brother just had the same issue with a brand new stainless 1911 Springfield .45.