The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2004, 06:55 AM   #1
vtblazer

Day of "Bench Racing"

Well okay, call it truck talk if you want.
Met another board member on Sunday (12th)
He drove his 69 blazer up from NH.
Make that a thumpin' big block on 38's I heard him coming from a block away. :YES, I got to ride in it and yes it does ride WAY better than one might expect.
Anyway, -Greg72 showed up around 10am or so to pick up some parts.
We spent the entire time untill about 2pm just talking about and checking out trucks! Good day, good guy, always great to meet other board members/truck guys/gals.
Attached Images

vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
GMC71k20

that blazer is insane. how wide are those 38s?
GMC71k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
-Greg72

1st Gen...Good Times!

Those tires are 38.5" x 16.5" x 16"W

Here's a slightly clearer pic of the tire setup:

and another:

Yesterday was a great day!!! I had feared that my move to the East Coast would mark the last time I saw 1st Gen / Early Chevy trucks ever again. Boy was I wrong! Kurt has a secret stash of SO much good stuff that I was speechless. He even introduced me to a few other guys who "carry the torch" for the early Chevies.....not an easy task when living in the Salt Belt of New England.

Kurt's 1st Gen is amazing....I can see why he put it away for the winter. FAR too nice to drive this time of year. I was impressed to see a 3-Door Burb as part of his fleet also. It was another area where we share similar tastes.

Anyway....I'm sure Kurt and will be in touch a lot more. He is an easy-going and knowledgeable guy, so I'm sure we'll find excuses to hang out together more in the future.

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #4
TugOwar

Very cool guys. Sounds like a great day.

Greg that Blazer looks BadA$$. I can only imagine how good it sounds rummblin down the road!

I'm curious about the mirrors. They look like some I wanted to put on my 68 but the curve of the door makes the bracket stick up at a funky angle. Did those come as they are or did you have to modify the brackets?
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
-Greg72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TugOwar
Very cool guys. Sounds like a great day.

Greg that Blazer looks BadA$$. I can only imagine how good it sounds rummblin down the road!

I'm curious about the mirrors. They look like some I wanted to put on my 68 but the curve of the door makes the bracket stick up at a funky angle. Did those come as they are or did you have to modify the brackets?

That mirror is off a F*RD.... I think. Believe me, you DON'T want to do what I did. The upper mount is simply wedged into the rubber weatherstrip, and the bottom bracket (which doesn't follow the body contour) is simply screwed in to one of the existing trailer mirror mounts in the door. It's ghetto-fabulous! It's one of those things I did when I first bought the truck....I drove it home from the P.O.'s house with NO mirrors (inside or out) and found that mirror in one of the "box 'o parts" that came with the truck. I slapped it on there just to get around more safely....and now three years later, it's still on there. I guess since it works OK, there was always something ELSE to spend time on.....

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #6
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

A few more winter trips and you won't have to worry about cutting your rear quarters for tire clearance, they'll magically disappear.

Some friendly advise - park it or lose it. That ochre burb should have brought you to your senses

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:51 PM   #7
TugOwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Greg72
That mirror is off a F*RD.... I think. Believe me, you DON'T want to do what I did. The upper mount is simply wedged into the rubber weatherstrip, and the bottom bracket (which doesn't follow the body contour) is simply screwed in to one of the existing trailer mirror mounts in the door. It's ghetto-fabulous! It's one of those things I did when I first bought the truck....I drove it home from the P.O.'s house with NO mirrors (inside or out) and found that mirror in one of the "box 'o parts" that came with the truck. I slapped it on there just to get around more safely....and now three years later, it's still on there. I guess since it works OK, there was always something ELSE to spend time on.....
I hear what you're sayin man. F**d or not I like those mirrors. There was a set on my sons 77 1/2 ton when we bought it. They're simple and clean lookin. I would use them on my truck IF they could be properly mounted. I have my dounts that they could be properly mounted though because of the curve of the door.

I like a relatively large mirror for backing and good visibility but I'm not fond of the large trailer mirrors that bolt to the top of the door above the window, or the 3 point mirriors that bolt to the door, so I'm limited on options. I guess I'm just too picky.

And here I have gone and hi-jacked this poor thread against it's will. I'm sorry.
TugOwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:53 PM   #8
GMC71k20

ive seen your blazer over at coloradok5. i love your site. where did you move too? hopefully i'lll be able to see your blazer at a show this summer
GMC71k20 is offline   Reply With Quote