The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

3" Body Lift 95% on K5... and ISSUES

Doing the 3" body lift was the hardest body lift I have done- do mostly to the fact the truck is 33 years old and it is a one piece body. All of my previous experiences have been w/trucks (which are cake in comparison).

Just to see the body flexing was eerie in its own right.

Well, Performance Accessories directions suck. It would not have taken much for them to put in a drawing with which bolts go where. I had to do a few rearranges since I was going by sight and trying to match old bolts to new bolts.

Here's the issue- In my previous experience, the steering shaft has never been an issue. Well, this time I was so focused on the brake lines, I did not pay attention the the steering shaft, and it popped out at the joint by the steering column. Looks like it damaged the joint- the retainer popped off, and one of the square 'holders' disappeared. I had to have the truck towed home... did not plan on getting disabled.

So, I am putting the call out- I need a steering shaft complete from the steering box (power) coupler to where it joins on the steering column. PLEASE PM me if you have one.

I am a little disappointed in myself, but this was a tough one and I should have had another pair of eyes on the compartment.
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote