The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

Anyone near Richmond VA, 2 of our trucks are at Chesterfield Auto Parts

I went there today for my daily driver and there was a 70-72, couldn't tell, there was no front end. Its a 6cyl 3 spd, the engine is still there, most accessories gone. Idiot light dash, I didn't see any body panels worth anything. It's a long fleet. The other is a 67 or 68 GMC, I didn't look that close. This one has a complete 5 lug disc brake setup. (My truck is 6 lug, that's why the brakes are still there.) It's a shortstep, with a Chevy tailgate, which looked useable, it is bent out a little, all the other body panels looked toasted. It's a V8 and stick.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:00 PM   #2
72 CustomCamper
huh ???

The last time I was there all they had old was a 63-66 long bed. We have a local yard that has 2 72's, but I didn't see much usable on them...

Chuck

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running try to keep up!"
72 CustomCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

I was there a couple of weeks ago. I didn't see much of anything that I needed. The key to most of those places is to try to get in tight with one guy there and slip him a business card with 67-72 chevy trucks on it and get him to call you when one comes in. I have that setup with a couple of car crushers and they get a "Finders Fee" if I buy anything off the trucks. win/win
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:35 PM   #4
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 shorty
I went there today for my daily driver and there was a 70-72, couldn't tell, there was no front end. Its a 6cyl 3 spd, the engine is still there, most accessories gone. Idiot light dash, I didn't see any body panels worth anything. It's a long fleet. The other is a 67 or 68 GMC, I didn't look that close. This one has a complete 5 lug disc brake setup. (My truck is 6 lug, that's why the brakes are still there.) It's a shortstep, with a Chevy tailgate, which looked useable, it is bent out a little, all the other body panels looked toasted. It's a V8 and stick.
Not trying to hijack your thread, this just brings back some ancient memories. I grew up in Southside Richmond and if that's the junk yard I think it is we used to skulk around in it in the late 60s and early 70s when they had a bunch of '40s and '50s vehicles. We would buy what we thought were cool looking parts and try to find a use for them on our cars and trucks.