The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
JPSAUTO

Replacement Brake Lines

Who has the best brake line kits? My original front lines from the proportioning valve where outside the frame and I'd like to keep it thay way, also using 77 C-10 front disk spindles, do I need lines made for the drums or the earlier disks? What front brake hoses? Thanks in advance.
JPSAUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Talking

I GOT MINE FROM A BOARD VENDOR, http://www.christiansclassics.com/, ALL
THE BOARD VENDORS CAN GET THEM, I HAVE YET TO HERE OF A PERFECT SET,
MINE HAD TO BE TWEAKED A LIL BIT, AND BY THE WAY, STAINLESS IS A LITTLE
BIT MORE EXPENSIVE, BUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO KEEP HER, GET IT NOW, MY $.02

Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:22 AM   #3
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

I got mine from a place called the Right Stuff, very freindly people, I screwd one of my lines up and they sent me another at no cost.

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
68LSS1

Fine Lines is another good one. Inline Tube is another. Make sure you specifically ask about keeping the routing outside the frame rail as I think some of these companies only sell the lines routed to the inside, like GM later did. Seem to remember reading something about that, maybe by someone here on the board.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #5
PunkRock247

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LSS1
Make sure you specifically ask about keeping the routing outside the frame rail as I think some of these companies only sell the lines routed to the inside, like GM later did. Seem to remember reading something about that, maybe by someone here on the board.
What is the advantage of running the lines on the outside of the frame rather than the inside? Are there any clearence issues with running the lines on the inside?

Thanks
PunkRock247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:30 AM   #6
68LSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRock247
What is the advantage of running the lines on the outside of the frame rather than the inside? Are there any clearence issues with running the lines on the inside?
Got me. I'm surprised no one else has responded. If they were fuel I'd say for the safety factor but they aren't and I can't see why. It would definately offer more protection. There wasn't any clearance problems with mine but the line routing didn't look stock and then I put the power disc stuff on.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #7
PunkRock247

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LSS1
Got me. I'm surprised no one else has responded. If they were fuel I'd say for the safety factor but they aren't and I can't see why. It would definately offer more protection. There wasn't any clearance problems with mine but the line routing didn't look stock and then I put the power disc stuff on.
Just curious because I bought mine pre-bent from a vendor and they were already bent to go inside the frame. If there was a problem with clearence or if they were too close to the header for example and there was a fear of excess heat boiling the brake lines I wanted to know so I could rebend mine to go outside the frame. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:44 PM   #8
incoma

I bought from several vendors and didn't get the exact lines from any of them. I wound up modifying all of the lines I bought except for the front to rear line. Next time, I'm just going to buy a roll of stainless line from inlinetube.com and bend my own. At least that way they'll work the first time. Besides, doing that is MUCH cheaper.
incoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 01:04 AM   #9
68LSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoma
I bought from several vendors and didn't get the exact lines from any of them. I wound up modifying all of the lines I bought except for the front to rear line. Next time, I'm just going to buy a roll of stainless line from inlinetube.com and bend my own. At least that way they'll work the first time. Besides, doing that is MUCH cheaper.
That's what I'm going to do. just keep in mind your flaring tool will need to be one capable of flaring SS. SS is a little harder to flare.