The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

ATTN: To all who botboy owes parts

I'm trying to compile a list of who all botboy owes parts in order to try and get him to send out all of your parts... So if botboy owes ya somethin, post it here... Otherwise please do not comment...
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
vtblazer

Thanks Josh

Yep, he still owe's me a 700r tranny.
I sent him a postal M/O on 10/19/04 and the post office looked it up and told me it was cashed on 11/19/04.
If you need verification, I have the "customer's Receipt" right here.
Thanks again, I hope this works.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:52 AM   #3
ScottH

He owes me a complete power steering setup from a 72. Been paid for since I believe late October, I have a cleared check.

Thanks.

Scott
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM   #4
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

He owes me either $70 US or (brake booster, master cylinder, firewall brackets and pushrod). Hoping for the money now, but will accept either.

Jared Hickson

My Rides
1967 C10 In Pieces for now
1985 Ford B700 SourPuss Bus - BIG BLUE
2003 Silverado CITY WORKER YELLOW!!
JHickson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 01:06 AM   #5
Josh

botboy stated in recent emails that he wants to make good. I need a full list of who is owed what to send him. I am attaching the email since he has asked that help him in his quest to right his wrongs.

The original email Botboy sent
Hi there, my name is Kris, I was registered on www.myoldtruck.com forums as user "botboy". After posting a link to some pictures of a vintage ford truck I recently picked up, I found that josh had edited my post insultingly in regards to a bad transaction he is convinced that I made over the 67-72chevytruck.com forums.

After seeing that, I responded, having been banned from the 67-72chevytruck forums, with a post asking him why he saw fit to ignore every pm and email I had sent to him asking who this mysterious person was, what part they had bought from me, and perhaps their email so that I could repair any poor feelings about said transaction. Earlier in november he threatened to ban me (from the 67-72chevytruck.com boards) if I didn't supply him with the tracking numbers of a couple items in question, which I promptly proceeded to do, and a week later found myself banned in spite of my efforts. Having asked this question on the MOT forums to josh (and sending him a PM asking the same question), I found myself banned from the MOT forums as well, and unable to communicate with josh in any way other than email, which he has taken upon himself to ignore.

I know that I had shipped a couple items late, however, I have UPS.com tracking numbers for every single item I have sold on the 67-72chevytruck.com forums, and have defrauded noone. I have supplied them to josh, with no response to speak of regarding reversal of my ban on 67-72chevytrucks.com, and while I wasn't aware of his admin position at MOT as of lately, I haven't committed any wrongdoings on MOT, and don't consider it josh's business to ban me from other forums because of his irritation with me on another board, especially when he doesn't own both boards. I also don't understand why josh sees fit to not only ban me at his discretion at first offense (when on his rules post at 67-72chevytruck.com it says first offense will warrant a 24 hour ban and 2nd offense at moderators discretion), but I realize this is out of your domain.

Furthmore, josh has deleted several of my posts on MOT and changed my title sig on MOT to "I got pwned" which I find insulting, especially considering my more than adaquate efforts to fix any bad transactions or poor feelings towards my selling practices, which I admit were (on occasion) late and take full credit for. I don't think that 5 emails and a PM are what I would be doing if I were actually trying to screw someone out of money. I think that I have made efforts showing good faith and a sincere desire to fix any mistakes I made in the past, and josh has not only ignored them but further insulted me for my efforts. This seems more to me like a blood feud than adaquate punishment for not holding up my end of the bargain on an online market, and josh's responses seem more unfair than anything else.

It is with that that I ask to be unbanned from MOT. I consider it a valuable resource in learning all about 67-72 trucks, of which I currently own a '72 Cheyenne, and enjoy conversing with and constructively sharing information with other truck owners. If you could encourage josh to actually respond to me I would be delighted at the prospect of learning who this person I have apparently defrauded is and what part they have coming to them, as it has been my intention this whole time to fix any wrongdoings I may have committed, and josh has made it apparent that he will not make any effort whatsoever to help me do so. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Kris Schneider
www.speedyoldtruck.com
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 AM   #6
Josh

The reply sent to botboy
Kris,
I am going to attempt to reply to all your concerns. I am also forwarding this to Josh and truly encourage him to reply also.

“After posting a link to some pictures of a vintage ford truck I recently picked up, I found that josh had edited my post insultingly in regards to a bad transaction he is convinced that I made over the 67-72chevytruck.com forums.”

As I stated in my reply to you on MOT on that thread, I edited it not Josh. That would be why it said edited by mhc and not edited by Josh.

” Earlier in november he threatened to ban me (from the 67-72chevytruck.com boards) if I didn't supply him with the tracking numbers of a couple items in question, which I promptly proceeded to do, and a week later found myself banned in spite of my efforts. Having asked this question on the MOT forums to josh (and sending him a PM asking the same question), I found myself banned from the MOT forums as well, and unable to communicate with josh in any way other than email, which h has taken upon himself to ignore.”

I am a long standing member on 67-72chevytrucks.com and am aware of the entire situation. I am also aware of the numerous complaints against you and your selling practices. As well as the many complaints from members who you ignored in email and PM after they had sent money for parts you were selling.

” I have supplied them to josh, with no response to speak of regarding reversal of my ban on 67-72chevytrucks.com, and while I wasn't aware of his admin position at MOT as of lately, I haven't committed any wrongdoings on MOT, and don't consider it josh's business to ban me from other forums because of his irritation with me on another board, especially when he doesn't own both boards. “

Actually Josh has been an Admin on MOT since it was founded as a picture hosting site for 67-72chevytrucks.com members a few years ago. I however do own MOT and have final say on whatever happens.

“I also don't understand why josh sees fit to not only ban me at his discretion at first offense (when on his rules post at 67-72chevytruck.com it says first offense will warrant a 24 hour ban and 2nd offense at moderators discretion), but I realize this is out of your domain.”

I suggest you reread the forum rules. The following is cut and pasted from those rules.. “Any of these violations will lead to your account being suspended for 24 hours, or more at the discretion of an Administrator the first time and second will be banned indefinitely. “ They clearly state that it is at the Administrators discretion. Aside from the fact this was not the first time you had bad business deals on the site.

"Furthmore, josh has deleted several of my posts on MOT "

Nope he most certainly has not. Everything an admin does is logged, and I would know about it.

“I think that I have made efforts showing good faith and a sincere desire to fix any mistakes I made in the past, and josh has not only ignored them but further insulted me for my efforts. This seems more to me like a blood feud than adaquate punishment for not holding up my end of the bargain on an online market, and josh's responses seem more unfair than anything else.”

It may be true that you did eventually fix any mistakes made. This was probably a good move on your part to avoid any legal actions that could had arose from the buyers. Again the rules clearly state that it is an appropriate action for this issue.

” It is with that that I ask to be unbanned from MOT. I consider it a valuable resource in learning all about 67-72 trucks, of which I currently own a '72 Cheyenne, and enjoy conversing with and constructively sharing information with other truck owners. “

There is no room for faulty business dealings on either site. You are free to browse either page for information, but I will not lift the ban.

“as it has been my intention this whole time to fix any wrongdoings I may have committed, and josh has made it apparent that he will not make any effort whatsoever to help me do so.”

I fail to see where it is anyone elses responsibility to help you fix something your brought upon yourself.

With all that being said.. I am in no way speaking for Josh. He is a friend and am deeply offended by the way you are making accusations that are completely unfounded.

Respectfully,
Liz Janke
www.myoldtruck.com
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 AM   #7
Josh

And botboys last reply
Trying to respectively refute a couple items here -
” Earlier in november he threatened to ban me (from the 67-72chevytruck.com boards) if I didn't supply him with the tracking numbers of a couple items in question, which I promptly proceeded to do, and a week later found myself banned in spite of my efforts. Having asked this question on the MOT forums to josh (and sending him a PM asking the same question), I found myself banned from the MOT forums as well, and unable to communicate with josh in any way other than email, which h has taken upon himself to ignore.” I am a long standing member on 67-72chevytrucks.com and am aware of the entire situation. I am also aware of the numerous complaints against you and your selling practices. As well as the many complaints from members who you ignored in email and PM after they had sent money for parts you were selling.

I haven't ignored anyone's emails, however hotmail does occasionally have problems, and any PM messages sent to me were either responded to or unable to be responded to (as a result of being banned). Technical problems aside, reasons for not responding immediately were the same as for shipping late, namely difficulty in classes (I'm in my first semester at ISU), family issues, a move between housing and difficulty securing financial aid. Which are not excuses for my problems, but the reasons for them - accordingly I'm not making any excuses, but trying to fix any and all problems I've had, for my reputation as well as avoiding any self-inflicted harassment from members and any legal disputes. Late or not, I am trying to make sure everyone gets what they paid for. And my ebay feedback under petey46290 and heatware feedback under botboy as well as a large number of deals I've had on the 67-72 forums would suggest that the number of good deals I've made has far outnumbered the number of "bad" or late deals that I have had.
I suggest you reread the forum rules. The following is cut and pasted from those rules.. “Any of these violations will lead to your account being suspended for 24 hours, or more at the discretion of an Administrator the first time and second will be banned indefinitely. “ They clearly state that it is at the Administrators discretion. Aside from the fact this was not the first time you had bad business deals on the site.

Late != bad, theft = bad, or at least thats the way I've come to understand it. I've received a couple complaints about being late, I admit that, however I have not sold any part that has gained me a complaint of being "misrepresented", I haven't received any complaints about parts being underpackaged, DOA, broken or anything else other than late, and I've apologized to everyone that received a package late.

Josh sent me an email (which I will try and find, but can't guarantee I still have) that told me to supply the tracking numbers for all parts I had sold recently or received complaints about (or be banned) to which I promptly responded with all tracking numbers I had, proving that I had shipped everything - the only one I couldn't supply him with (and I told him this) was a package that went via USPS to canada, and could not get tracking for. I was banned anyway, which I do not understand as I fulfilled every request josh made of me in a reasonable span of time (within 24 hours of receiving the message).
"Furthmore, josh has deleted several of my posts on MOT " Nope he most certainly has not. Everything an admin does is logged, and I would know about it.

In the links section, there was a post I made with a link to my site, www.speedyoldtruck.com, unless you deleted it, although I don't have access to those logs and can't say one way or another.
“as it has been my intention this whole time to fix any wrongdoings I may have committed, and josh has made it apparent that he will not make any effort whatsoever to help me do so.” I fail to see where it is anyone elses responsibility to help you fix something your brought upon yourself.

I am not asking for money to pay for shipping, help with packaging, or any other shred of responsibility by anyone else. Josh has made references to someone "emailing him complaining" about a part they "still haven't received", and I don't know who this person is, and josh seemingly refuses to share their identity with me. If I did know who this person is, or what their email is, I think that I could either send them their part or refund them their money - but as I don't know who they are, how to contact them, their address or what part they supposedly purchased from me, I can't do either! I was late on a couple parts, but I am not a dirty thief, and I think that the efforts I have made towards repairing any transactions that have gone on for too long is a lot more effort than I would have undertaken if I were trying to screw people out of their hard earned dollars - I've had it done to me, and its not a pleasant experience, and I don't want to be passing it on to anyone else.
With all that being said.. I am in no way speaking for Josh. He is a friend and am deeply offended by the way you are making accusations that are completely unfounded.

I am not trying to insult josh, MOT, the 67-72 truck board, administrators or moderators of any such board, but you have to understand that I'm very frustrated by all of this - I enjoyed being a member of both boards, learning and making a contribution, if you look at my posts I didn't troll and didn't post blatant flamebait to either board or any other boards I frequent, and I'm still wondering (and bothered) by being banned after fulfilling josh's demands for tracking numbers on the 67-72 forums. I'm not trying to make unfounded accusations but I can't help but try and understand why josh ignores any efforts at contact I've made, when the exclusive point of my contact has been to apologize for any late shipments I've made and fix any wrongdoings. My apologies if what I said in my previous email were incorrect, looking back at the message I think most of them were over confusion about the management hierarchy at MOT.

Lastly, I cannot help but be offended by being given the title "I got Pwned" and being sent middle-fingered smilies.

Kris Schneider
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
Old 12-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #8
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

hate to keep adding to the confusion, but he told me in an email that he didn't have a tracking number for my package as it was going to a Canadain destination. BS!!!!!

take that how you will

Jared

My Rides
Old 01-08-2005, 02:37 AM   #9
76HighSierra
DAMN, I love Big Blocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHickson6
hate to keep adding to the confusion, but he told me in an email that he didn't have a tracking number for my package as it was going to a Canadain destination. BS!!!!!

take that how you will

Jared
That is absolutely true. USPS offers no tracking option on parcels going out of the US. I regularly send parcels to Canada, so I know this to be true. They will insure them, but no tracking is available.
454 c.i.d./ TH400. *Soon to get a mild warming over.*
3.40 rear.
76HighSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #10
vtblazer

Any word from him on this stuff/situation Josh?
Sure would be great to get it all cleared up.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:33 AM   #11
9footfan
get up! stand up!

botboy owes me $20 and this is because he agreed to that refund for a box of "junk" he sent me that was supposed to be parking brake parts. he also owes me a power brake pushrod that was never received. this transaction started back in october i believe. each time i pm'd or email'd him i had to do it a repeated number of times just to get some "bs" response how he was working on it and how he wanted to make good on the deal etc. each time the story changed. i don't want my money or my parts. if he is allowed to come back to this board have him send a $20 donation to the board-but this board should not tolerate members that conduct transactions in the manner in which he has. thanks!
70 gmc 3500 canadian 9 foot "fenderside" pickup
06 silverado
71 vet enjoyed by my retired father

wtb-67 chevy 1 ton 9ft stepside-in perfect condition
9footfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:28 AM   #12
nightmare

I was supposed to get a '72 Vin plate and title from him back in july or august. I've had a tuff semester in school, and haven't been posting on here. So when i tried to pm him, it says that he either has turned off the receiving of pm's or cannot receive them. Anyhow, I'm just curious to know if he has received the check that I sent way back when. I'd really like to get that vin plate and title, but if I have to get my money back, that would be fine too.

2001 Dakota R/T - Silver CC - 1 of 1671 360 w/46RE 392 limited slip
1972 Chevy Suburban - Turquoise/Black
1969 Chevy C/10 - Blue LWB 350 w/ 700R4 3.73 posi PS PB A/C - SOLD

Using your turn signal is not "giving information to the enemy"

67-72 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCMAX View Post
My lugnuts require more torque than your honda makes!
nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 04:56 PM   #13
ScottH

Still waiting to hear on the $120 I paid for a power steering system I never recieved.

Scott
Old 01-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #14
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

Still haven't received that $70 that he promised a few weeks ago.

Jared

My Rides
Old 01-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #15
ScottH

FYI - he is selling parts on ebay under petey46290

Scott
Old 02-17-2005, 01:42 AM   #16
bowtieman4life

sounds like its time for an old fashion beat down.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:39 AM   #17
vtblazer

I've sent civil e-mails to this kid and he's not once replied back.

Kris if your finding a way to read these posts, just send me my money back.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY
Old 03-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #18
ScottH

Update - After sending emails to Kris regarding the money he owed me from October, he finally refunded my money.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:12 PM   #19
loblazer

If some of you guys are doing business by mail, couldn't this be mail fraud? Maybe USPS can help you out?
loblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:17 PM   #20
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

Well for a deal that started on October 2, 2004, today, March 21/2005 I finally got repaid for the entire amount of $70US for the parts that i had attempted to purchase from him. I hope everyone else gets what they deserve out of this, and if anyone has questions on contacting him or how to get him ever to reply just contact me and i'll share this with you.

Thank You

Jared Hickson

My Rides
Old 03-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #21
9footfan
get up! stand up!

received agreed $20 refund for bad deal. still a bad deal but he did pay up what i agreed to.
06 silverado

Old 04-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #22
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

JHickson6 If you want a second run at the booster he has it on Ebay right now. But it does look to me like a 71-72 disk brake booster by the brake light switch.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #23
drh1485

I am new to the message board. I purchased a power steering setup on ebay from botboy 3-10, I am yet to see my parts or any evidence it was shipped. I have logged a complaint with ebay and am waiting for reply.
Any help would be appreciated.
drh1485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:37 AM   #24
9footfan
get up! stand up!

sorry to report that botboys $20 check bounced and i got charged $2 handleing fee from my bank. back to square one but now he owes me $22 and one power brake pushrod for 67 c30. i vote for permanent ban.
06 silverado

Old 04-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #25
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

the most fvcked up part of this IMHO is he keeps emailing me asking me to talk Josh into lifting his ban.... He has state dto me that he has made good on all etc.. guess not ... drh1485 your best bet is to deal with ebay on that.. at least you might have a chance at getting something back that way
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote