The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2004, 11:12 PM   #1
EyeH8the24

WTB dropped spindles and a 57 nomad!!!

looking for some dropped spindles....preffer used...hehe they r usually cheaper....also any one with a line on a 57 nomad give me a shout.....if its priced right maybe a finders fee !! hehe !
EyeH8the24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:48 AM   #2
MAC67
" SHOW ME"

i know where there is a super solid 2 door wagon at , not the nomad
MAC67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:02 AM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

ok i know this wont help you but i know where there is a 57 nomad thats been sitting in the same spot for at least 25 years. i was at a friends apt when he was in college. he was on the third floor. i went out on the little balcony and on the other side of his parking lot in the back yard of a house underneath a porch there it sits. it is totally hidden from ground level anywhere.ive stopped a few times over the years and inquired about it but no its not for sale. this is in seattle over by the university of washington. not in the boonies at all. it makes me wonder how many hidden treasures there are out there in the city.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
bagged91
Out draggin'

I know where theres a 56' Nomad. Not sure what he's doin' with it but it does run & drive. Painted with a black spraycan(yuk). Located in S. Jersey....

Not sure how familiar you are with the Nomads but here are a few things to look at...

First off, CHECK THE FIT of the liftgate. They are diecast and if left in the open position, especially in the heat or direct sun, will warp. You will want to look at the gap between the roof & the upper part of the gate. There are people that can straighten them but having one straightened & replated is VERY expensive. My dad was quoted nearly $1500.00 just to have his liftgate redone.

Check the tailgate itself too for any previous repairs. They are prone to rotting out on the bottom where the hinges are. Also check where the tailgate cables mount & the condition of the cables. They aren't cheap either...

Not sure how original you want your car to be but if you want it original inside, try and get one with all of the stailess for the cargo area too. It is tough to locate & expensive to buy. Also make sure you have all of the interior garnish moulding and the chrome headliner bows too.

One last thing that is very important. The rear side glass(the curved piece of glass, not the slider) is very difficult & expensive to replace with an 80-90% chance of breaking it while installing. If you are buying a car that has had the glass removed for paint. Try to get the owner to have the glass reinstalled BEFORE you buy it. I have seen a few cars that have been sold just because they couldn't get the glass in. One was a nice Bronze/India Ivory 57. Car was painted & needed to be reassembled. He sold it for $6500.00 @ Carlilse a couple years ago because he went through 7 sets of tinted rear glass and never got one in.

Good Luck...
Joe
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote