The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #1
71swb4x4

Ebay - choptop, restored very little - HA HA HA

Quote:
It has been restored very little.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...516111390&rd=1
I guess in a way he is right, because it hasn't been "restored" as much as it has been "customized".
Old 01-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

not my cup of tea but its good work, i think i would have spent more time cleaning up the wiring ing the engine compartment though

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:09 AM   #3
doc_rock

I dunno. The outside looks decent (the chop job looks VERY nice) but the interior absolutely sucks, and under the hood looks worse than my truck. I agree with 68w/sbc406 on spending more time cleaning the underhood up and hiding some of the wires. that would go a LONG way to make it look better. Ya know, buy a ground cable that's got all the wires included so you don't have a million wires hanging out of the post, (side terminal would be a good option there to help hide the ugly)....

In the cab, I see the dash gauges in place, but a set of sunpro ugly guages bolted under the dash, a monster tach bolted to the center of the steering column, and some cheap-ass spark-o-matic radio in the dash. The grey door handles aren't even in the same zip code as the grey seat, so they stick out like hell. I can see it winning a show or two, but every show it's ever been in? Come on, man, that's a bit of a thick one there.

It's like he started out, then forgot where he was going. It's a nice place to start, but I don't think it's quite show ready. There's too much half-assed on it. But, at the end of it all, it's his, and mine's in sad shape for me to even be talking about it.
doc_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:12 AM   #4
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

IMHO, He went wayyy to far on the chop! With it chopped like that it needs to be channeled... If it were channeled it would look killer!!!

Jason
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #5
jeffnstef

I think this says it all !

This vehicle is a beautiful, quintessential example of a "This vehicle is a beautiful, quintessential example of a "Muscle Car".
jeffnstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

21,000 miles?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:31 AM   #7
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

I like the hood. It is a louvered hood that doesn't drip on the motor.
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

It's not bad for a driver.......but this guy talks about it like it is something that Chip Foose or Troy Trepannier built, and it clearly is not. The already mentioned problems along with stuff like the kinked fuel line near the carburetor are hardly a show winner. The whole guage thing is just totally unacceptable as is the blue wire wrapped around the A/C line. Painting the cylinder numbers on the distributor cap with white-out is classy too....The passenger side pic makes it look like they didn't chop enough from the A-pillar, so the top slants down in the back? Six lug on the front and five on the rear?.....come on, While there is nothing really wrong with any of these things for a driver....you can't go around talking about "Engineering" and "Every Show Winner"
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
doc_rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
It's not bad for a driver.......but this guy talks about it like it is something that Chip Foose or Troy Trepannier built, and it clearly is not. The already mentioned problems along with stuff like the kinked fuel line near the carburetor are hardly a show winner. The whole guage thing is just totally unacceptable as is the blue wire wrapped around the A/C line. Painting the cylinder numbers on the distributor cap with white-out is classy too....The passenger side pic makes it look like they didn't chop enough from the A-pillar, so the top slants down in the back? Six lug on the front and five on the rear?.....come on, While there is nothing really wrong with any of these things for a driver....you can't go around talking about "Engineering" and "Every Show Winner"
wow. and I thought I was picky.
doc_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:51 AM   #10
c-1072

chop top

Thats sure isnt for me if i where to chop my truck it would only be 2 inches or so imo . but i do appeciate a beutiful job chopin up some steel .
c-1072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:55 AM   #11
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR
be careful JYJ might read this

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler
68w/sbc406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:03 AM   #12
Hooter
My other Love

I wish people wouldnt chop the roof's on these truck because imo it never ever seems to look right, and being the stereo guru I am, I really dig the Sparkomatic shaft mount tape player with 3 band eq!! if you chopped the roof, mine as well chop the dash and at least put a cheap cd player in there!!

Castlegar B.C.The great white North (Canada Eh!)
Hooter_5@hotmail.com
First generation Monte Carlo club
pictures of my life
Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:19 AM   #13
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

Amen Hooter, don't like chops either....

Jason
20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 AM   #14
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

This truck puts 90% of the trucks here on this board to Shame,,,,,

Why is it, when a board member post a pic of their truck, everybody trips over their ----- to compliment it, even though it's amazing it drives, And it's a real piece.... But when someone post a pic of a Truck such as this or Copperhead, you can sit there and bad mouth what's been done ????
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #15
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON WOODGEARD

Why is it, when a board member post a pic of their truck, everybody trips over their ----- to compliment it, even though it's amazing it drives, And it's a real piece.... But when someone post a pic of a Truck such as this or Copperhead, you can sit there and bad mouth what's been done ????
agreed.

Last edited by GreyHoundSteve; 01-03-2005 at 12:15 PM.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #16
Blue Beard

Guess I'm old school, if they're chopping the top....channel the body too..
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:07 PM   #17
CPNEJR

the chop top makes it look like it's all fender and door and no cab IMO it's fugly
but u know me I like it nice and stock
72 Chevy K20 Suburban (future project)
70 Chevy K20 now 68 GMC K2500
2003 Chevy 2500hd ccsb 4X4 (daily driver)
CPNEJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #18
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON WOODGEARD

AMEN RON.. I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER. MOST (NOT ALL THOUGH) OF THE PEOPLE PICKING THESE TRUCKS APART ARE NEWBIES' & HOPEFULLY THEY WILL DEVELOPE SOME MANNERS WITH TIME. IT'S REALLY A PRETTY SIMPLE CONCEPT.... IF YOU CAN'T FIND SOMETHING NICE OR POSITIVE TO SAY.... DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING NEGATIVE, OR FIND SOME FLAW TO POINT OUT.... AFTER ALL... IT MIGHT BE A MEMBERS TRUCK. I AGREE WITH RON ALMOST COMPLETELY, BUT I THINK THE NUMBER IS MORE LIKE 97%. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #19
lpaine

Chopping the tops on these trucks is just WRONG,WRONG, WRONG I tell you!!!!AAAAAARRRGH!!!!
lpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #20
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Maybe we should drag those dissidents (at the very least the newbies) out into Tiananmen Square and execute them. That'll shut up anyone with an opinion to express.

I don't get the mentality where stating an opinion is wrong. I agree that personal attacks on the owner/builder is out of line (and I didn't read anything in this post that could be construed that way), but an opinion backed with a reason why you feel that way shouldn't be discouraged IMO. Last time I looked the Constitution (and board rules) did allow this.

I hear this argument all the time, now it's my turn to use it..."How boring would it be if we all had the same vision (or opinion)". Heck, there would be no pissing matches for starters...

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #21
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNE
Maybe we should drag those dissidents (at the very least the newbies) out into Tiananmen Square and execute them. That'll shut up anyone with an opinion to express.

I don't get the mentality where stating an opinion is wrong. I agree that personal attacks on the owner/builder is out of line (and I didn't read anything in this post that could be construed that way), but an opinion backed with a reason why you feel that way shouldn't be discouraged IMO. Last time I looked the Constitution (and board rules) did allow this.

I hear this argument all the time, now it's my turn to use it..."How boring would it be if we all had the same vision (or opinion)". Heck, there would be no pissing matches for starters...
I may be mistaken but i believe "pissing matches" are against board rules.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #22
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyHoundSteve
I may be mistaken but i believe "pissing matches" are against board rules.
Exactly, I guess you never heard of sarcasm.

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #23
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

I never said it was bad...........The point I was making is that the term "Engineering" is an extreme exageration. You just can't go bragging about how your "stuff" is so great......if it truly isn't. Like I said it's not even close to a Chip or Troy job, but by reading this guy's discription, you would think that is was the best they could come up with.

If the guy showed up here as a newbie....said "here's my truck, what do you think?".........I wouldn't have bashed him at all. Like I said...nice driver.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #24
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNEJR
u know me I like it nice and stock
Like father like son eh Pat? Actually, he taught you well but I can still admire a custom as long as it's tastefully done. That chop looks like it was done right, but I'd like to see it with about 3 inches of "less chop". A 2 inch chop looks a bit more tasteful IMO. (oh, and it needs a 6:71 blower sticking through the hood)
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #25
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNE

I THINK YOUR ANSWER TO PEOPLE KNOCKING EVERY TRUCK BUT THERE OWN IS A LITTLE EXTREME. (H@LL I DIDN'T EVEN NO YOU WERE CHINEEZ ) EXPRESSING OPINIONS IS NOT THE SAME THING AS FINDING FAULT OR PICKING APART THE WORK OF OTHER PEOPLE. (I'M PERSONALLY NOT CRAZY ABOUT THIS TRUCK, BUT I WON'T SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT IT ANY MORE THAN I WOULD LOOK DOWN ON YOU FOR WANTING ALL MY TRUCKS TO HAVE 35 YEAR OLD, STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY. :p ) JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote