The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Workin`the ol`trucks today

My neighbor knocked on my door this morning needing some help.He "wheels`n`deals"in old GM trucks and needed to move things around his place.The ground isn`t frozen right now so things can get messy.He had his`72 wrecker stuck,nosed into a marshy area.A K/5 sans motor needed moved up to the shop.Same thing with a`48 1t C&C.Any how,I get over there with my`72 GMC K/2500,back up ,facing up hill to drag the Blazer up first.Lock-in the hubs,put`er in 4-lo,and the rear(posi)just spins,front`s not engaging(truck`s empty,too).Unhook the chain,she ain`t movin`.We go up the road and get the`72 Chevy K/20(the CustomDeluxe).I get the wrecker up out of the swamp,hook to the front,pull him to higher ground.Then the Blazer,which was about to get well aquainted with my GMC.Pulled the GMC`s tail around to get it running along the base of the hill and it got out on it`s own with some light pedal action.Then back down for the`48.This is what I call fun with neighbors.Sorry no pics.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote