The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Can't we all just get along??? Please read

There have been several complaints of "truck bashing" on this board lately. Some more vocal than others. I've read A LOT of posts. True, some were slightly out of line, but most people mentioned something they liked about it along with what they didn't like. Also, I have yet to read anything that says "I hate it" or "What a POS" or "What and idiot, who would do that?" This forum is for us to help each other. Everyone has different tastes and likes different types of modifications. I believe we have the right to express our opinions, good or bad, about how a truck looks, how much it costs, or how to fix it! If you don't like what someone is saying, DON'T READ IT. Lately, I've read a lot of posts that have nothing to do with the topic because some people are whining about what others have said. Just go build a bridge and get over it! By the way, that's sarcasm if you can't tell....read it a couple of times if you don't get it! I am also a newbie, and I don't appreciate the "newbie bashing" I've read in several posts. I have a vast knowlege of these trucks. Growing up poor requires you to fix everything yourself and you tend to have older vehicles. Between my grandpa, uncle, dad, and me, I've worked on a buttload of these trucks. If I can no longer express my opinion because I don't like something or because I am a "newbie" I'll just head back to the garage, open a beer, and read the latest Classic Trucks magazine. I believe if there was a problem with what someone was saying, the administrators would close the thread. So why don't we leave the decision of whether or not someone's opinion is hurtful or offensive to them??? I have been honored that some of my posts and opinions have been answered or complimented from them. Thanks guys! I don't wish to read anymore posts about how someone's opinion is "bad"...after this one, of course! I mean, what fun would it be if we all had the exact same truck!!!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
bigjimzlll

I used to "share" my opinion on those who bash someones truck....then I figured out it was just a waste of bandwidth. I appreciate you have an opinion on how we should act....but I dont conform well. I have seen too many slam posts in my few years here and just as many 'cant we get along' posts. they are the same thing...someone trying to impose their belief on others...as far as newbies...we were all one..and had to go through the same deal. It takes a little while to know a person..on here as in real life.
This is a BB....thats all...dont make more than it is, it can hurt your real life..I have seen divorces because of it....just have fun and dont sweat the small stuff

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA

Last edited by bigjimzlll; 01-03-2005 at 03:04 PM.
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Redneck, send me a PM with the specific details of what you're talking about.

Kevin (Moderator)
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I say if you are going to bash someone else's truck/intelligence in a pompous manner, then you also need to post a picture of your truck so we can all see the basis of your opinion. Put up or shut up.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

A-men! My trucks on here somewhere....bash away, but I love it!

bigjimzIII....thanks for the advice bro!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #6
junkyardjohn

EXACTLY JASON (& BY THE WAY.. AWSOME PIC.S) JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #7
Shane
Account Suspended

1.) This is the internet .. .there are a$$holes here just like in "real life" ... ignore them, they will soon go away.
2.) Everyone was a "noob" at one point or another ... when someon "ribs ya" about being a noob, it's not that it is a "hate" thing as much is it is an "initiation" thing. It's all done in good fun, ignore it and it will go away too.
3.) Everyone likes different things ... bone stock, mild custom, all out custom, beater, show room stock, whatever ... no need to get all worried that someone likes something different than you. Ignore them, they too will soon go away.

Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
purple gas

As someone who hasn't been here all that long all I can say is it's been a totally posative expierience for me.. Occasionally some have differd with my opinions. Hey that happens. I even managed to stay out of the pre-election thread. (for a Canadian news/political junkie that wasn't easy). The only time I can recall saying anything disrespectfull it was about American beer and, well, I ain't takin that back.
purple gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #9
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple gas
As someone who hasn't been here all that long all I can say is it's been a totally posative expierience for me.. Occasionally some have differd with my opinions. Hey that happens. I even managed to stay out of the pre-election thread. (for a Canadian news/political junkie that wasn't easy). The only time I can recall saying anything disrespectfull it was about American beer and, well, I ain't takin that back.
TAKE IT BACK!!!!!

If i had a flapping head like Canadians i would have different tastes too. :p

BTW anyone who doesnt get it ...... disregard it.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #10
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

I WAS BASHED IN THE BEGINNING, HALF WAY THROUGH, AND STILL AM TODAY, AND
I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THE BOARD ONE YEAR, BUT I REALLY LUV ALL OF YA
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:05 PM   #11
71Blazer
Goodbye Darlin'

Quote:
I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THE BOARD ONE YEAR, BUT I REALLY LUV ALL OF YA
1 year and nearly 4000 posts- that's a lot of love! And since it has already been brought up, the only beer for me is scotch whiskey.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #12
chevyboy55

Wow I feel lucky. I have never gotten anything short of help,help & more help. I am willing to bet a months pay that I cannot be called anything that I have not been called before,several by my wife I live by the 5 year rule "If it will not matter in 5years from now, Dont worry about it" Mike
chevyboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #13
Mudder

Someone bashes ya here don't worry about it........ My truck has been bashed before but I don't care. It's mine and it's just the way I want it with what I have to spend on it. Opinions are like butts.........everyone has one!!!!!!!!! I wont bash anyones truck. I don't know why anyone would want to give a new guy a hard time here.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #14
doc_rock

My truck's rusty and yellow. Can I bash it?
doc_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #15
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

I think must of the time the peeps are just busting balls and joking around. But since we cant see each others facial expressions or here the laughter in the voices we assume it is in bad intent. I cant say thay have all been in fun, because I have read some really nasty or off color remarks. I moderate another board unrelated to trucks and you always have to make a desicion and ban somebody when the flaming becomes to serious. I think this place is kept fairly clean and open thanks to the admin. and the mods.

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:28 PM   #16
longhorn71

I am not about to bash any ones ideas.Hope no body would bash mine either.
If i am asked about anything that has to do with brakes or suspension,or general safty of a car or truck.I will speak my mind,but not to put anybody down.I understand that certain things are expensive to repair on these trucks.When it comes down to it a truck with 400-500hp in it.Should have up graded brakes and suspension.Safty on the road is EVERYONES RESPONISIBILTY and i will past on my thoughts.During any of our projects the brakes,tires steering and suspension are the frist things we look at.I will drive my trucks ugly but it must be safe.My kids,wife,and me ride in it,and our lives depend on it.Not to mention the lives of everyone else on our roads.
longhorn71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #17
roj2323

the only truck i have ever outright bashed was copperhead. copperhead was built by corporations and a tv show unlike eveyone elses on this site. i realize the amount of work that goes into these project trucks so i would never do it to anyone elses. actuly most of the bashing i have seen recently has been twords the corporation build trucks and honestly i agree with a lot of comments twords them all be it not all of them.

OnDrew
roj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:18 PM   #18
rolnlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed67
I say if you are going to bash someone else's truck/intelligence in a pompous manner, then you also need to post a picture of your truck so we can all see the basis of your opinion. Put up or shut up.
your trucks ugly.
j/k Jason how you been bro?
rolnlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #19
tmad

Wow all this time I thought this board was about helping each other get a project done right. I personally have had nothing but fun here and I sure have learned a thing or two. Heck sometimes I dont ask because I think its a stupid question. Sure Ive seen trucks on here I wouldnt want, but Ill bet I could find a few who dont like the looks of mine.But I wouldnt change a thing and I hope YOU wouldnt either!!!!!!
tmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #20
rolnlow

believe me. I'm on all kinds of forums for bikes, cars. trucks. and this has the most love!!!. I always enjoy coming in here. its like walking into the cafe in a small town and every bodies there for the bs session. GAWD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!
rolnlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #21
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

I've been on this board just a few months and have nothing but positive things to say about it so far. I've gotten a lot of help on things concerning my truck, and now it's on the road thanks to the help I've gotten here, so thanks to everyone that's helped. As Doc Roc said, can I bash my truck, (it's 2 tone, primer and rust) Maybe if I bash it then I'll have to paint it!
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #22
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

In my opinion, one of the many good things that seem to separate this board from others is the “Lack” of bashing. I have personally not noticed any bashing but from experiences on other boards, bashing somebody’s rig is pretty immature. All of us are here for our common interest of GM trucks regardless if they satisfy our personal preference of style or not.

My 78’ tied for Truck of the Month for December to a truck that is certainly not my style preference or anybody I know, but the time and perseverance the person put into his truck should not be overlooked. I guess if I lived in Texas I would think it was cool too. Chances are if we lived in the same town we’d be buddies since we share a common interest of GM trucks and that is the cool thing about this website.

If I ever bash anybody’s truck….it was not intentional. If I bash where your from that may be intentional but only in good humor.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:28 PM   #23
customweld

New to posts. This is the first forumn i've joined because i'm a chevy guy. I've had lots of diffrent vehicle's and chevy's have done nothing but treat me right. You Guys are awsome here and we can disagree witout being disagreeable. Excellent input to any questions. Thanks for being here!
2001 flhtcui
customweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:34 PM   #24
teamharvey

First of all I want to thanks each person who has helped me along he way, even those who have just replied to something in support. I am a self proclaimed newbie who by having a love for these trucks, luckily stumbled onto this site. This place is "Heaven" compared to a previous board I was connected with. Until about a year ago I was a competitive bobybuilder and a major contributor for years to a very popular bodybuilding forum. If you guys think what goes on here is bashing, you should see how someones body or ideas are shreadded by wanna-be internet, so called experts.
I honestly have only seen one attempt to insult someone, and it was later re-tracted and an apology from the author followed with a legitimate explanation. I think we all know that we have something special here ( thanks Josh ) and intend to keep it that way.

Just my $ .02 worth,
Bret
teamharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #25
Hunter
Lovin' Arizona Since 1961

I wuzn't bashin' nobody's truck! Honest! Matter of fact, I looked and couldn't find nobody bashin' nobody's truck.
Cool thing about this group is that we ALL agree on SOMETHING.
I gotta agree with the Canadian guy regarding American beer EXCEPT: Sierra Nevada Ale, Fat Tire Ale,Sam Adams, Red Hook and a couple other local micro-brews. The rest were sanitized for your protection sometime after WWII and have never recovered. I also agree wit' the scotch drinkers with the following blend exception: JW Black. Best cheap scotch out there. Don't drink and drive boyz. Yer pal, Hunter