The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
STP67-72

Great Salvage Yard Day

Well, I started my Saturday morning at the hardware store buying some bolts and things to finish a frame off 71 swb gmc for a customer and friend.

The owner of a little nasty salvage yard was in there and asked me where I have been lately. I told him I had been busy on a couple of trucks. I asked him at the last minute if he had any 67-72's in the yard. He said he had a 70-72 big block truck with a tilt. Even though I had a big day scheduled on the truck at the house, by noon on Saturday I had the tilt pulled and a deposit on the engine. It is a complete original '72 402 running with everything except the AC Brackets. I bought everything frame the core support to the transmission. I even bought some 73-75 buckets and console out of a 2wd blazer. Great day but expensive. The truck was a 72 Longhorn I think. It had a utility bed on it. They said they would sell the frame with junk cab if anybody was interested in Southeast Texas. I have the glove box with the vin# on it. I don't know if it is a c20 or c30. Let me know if anybody is interested and I will get you the information.

Thanks,
Steve
68 Chevy swb fleet (Lola)
68 Chevy swb fleet
71 Chevy swb fleet ( future PB project)

97 crew cab power stroke
07 SS Trail blazer
STP67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote