The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2005, 05:31 AM   #1
SweetandLong68
Your UncleBen

Anyone ever used any of USbody.com fiber parts???

Hey....

I am looking at building another truck with Fiberglass tilt front end and possibly a fiberglass bed for a drag truck. Anyone ever used any of USbody.com's parts? How are they? Well made etc, etc???

thanks
CHRIS
Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
MOTHERTRUCKERS

We use it and sell it at discount prices. As far as i'm concerned it's the best quality you can get but it's not for the average guy who wants a bolt on and go there is finish work on the flashing and parting lines and on the tilts the steel bar for the hinge needs more roving and mat to make it more solid. if your interested in a 69-72 cowl hood tilt non split front i can sell you 1 for 700.00 including shipping.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #3
SweetandLong68
Your UncleBen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTHERTRUCKERS
We use it and sell it at discount prices. As far as i'm concerned it's the best quality you can get but it's not for the average guy who wants a bolt on and go there is finish work on the flashing and parting lines and on the tilts the steel bar for the hinge needs more roving and mat to make it more solid. if your interested in a 69-72 cowl hood tilt non split front i can sell you 1 for 700.00 including shipping.
Thanks for the reply...

I am glad to hear that you sell those parts. I would rather support the truck guys if possible.

Do you have access to pretty much everything they make? Because I am looking at the 67-68 tilt type front end like the one on this truck. Also I am in the market for one of their fiberglass short beds as well.

lata
CHRIS
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
68LSS1

Yes, Ed can get any of the US Body stuff. I got my one split one piece tilt from him. Something to keep in mind is that if you go with the single (not split) tilt you will have to make it be able to slide forward prior to tilting so the lower aft portion of the fenders clear the cab. Otherwise with the split ones you can tilt it without sliding it as the lower aft fender parts are attached to the cab.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
MOTHERTRUCKERS

PM or email me at motrucker@prodigy.net for more info, there are many options depending on what you are doing with the truck, race only,street etc.