The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
Russell
Professional Grade

Thumbs up 2 down 5 to go

Just in the process of writing my exams for this semester at school. I just got home from finishing my second Field test of the week, physics, wen't pretty good! The studying for hours on end has really paid off! Just gotta write my English part A diploma tommorow, Math Field test on Wend next week, Math Diploma on Fri next week, my physic diploma on the following Monday, and finally my English part B on the wendsday. Woo, lotsa exams!

The truck has been getting no attention and I think she is getting jealous, she has developed all sorts of problems recently... My interior dome light isn't working, my fuel gauge isn't working, my horn isn't working (turns on my dome light), the warning buzzer that you left your lights on only works 1/4 of the time, and only when the door is open, the parking brake must be stuck on becuase the truck really has to work to get moving and it emits a high pitched howl if I get moving faster than 50 mph, the air dam rubs when I turn, the rear axle has a nasty wheel hop when going down the road, and something is making a sick clunking noise whenever I hit a bit of a bump, just to top it all off, my engine has been running poorly too, stumbling when it gets gas / idling rough etc. That on top of the irritating tick the truck has at an idle :P

I really can't wait to finish off this semester, and finally dive into the GMC, gonna replace it's entire wiring harness, along with finishing the TPI wiring harness, then remove the cab, put cab corners / cab supports in, drop it on the 4x4 frame, and get the fuel injected 350 running. That should wipe out 90% of my problems right there, lol

Last edited by Russell; 01-13-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
SanitysBane

GO RUSS!! i've heard you talking about all your homework before, looks like its finally paying off. and you don't need a girlfriend, u've got a truck to build! have fun.
SanitysBane is offline   Reply With Quote