The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #1
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

Ever been to a Car/Truck show that sucked?

Well I did...and today was that day! Man am I bummed! I got up early to go check out all the cool rides at a local car show, Nashville AutoFest. Paid $10 bucks to get in & it sucked! Usually they have a ton of cars/trucks..everything ranging from old tri fives to Vettes..you name...this year, they had jack! I took a couple pics of the coolest rides....and one wasnt even the show..it was parked outside! Man..I had more last summer at a local car show that was outside & free, plus they had a HUGE assortments of cars. Oh well...live & learn!
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2005, 05:57 PM   #2
Don Loverink
Account Suspended

Car Show

Yes Ive been to a few that Sucked to Jersey Girl, It seems like the car shows that are free or dont charge admission are way better than shows you have to pay to get in, I went to a show in St Paul that charged a lot for their swap spots and admission and hardly anybody showed up!
Don Loverink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 07:44 PM   #3
Mudder

I was invited to one of those pay to get in shows and I turned it down. Why give my weekend for getting nothing and letting the promoters get fat pockets? I couldnt see it.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
Well I did...and today was that day! Man am I bummed! I got up early to go check out all the cool rides at a local car show, Nashville AutoFest. Paid $10 bucks to get in & it sucked! Usually they have a ton of cars/trucks..everything ranging from old tri fives to Vettes..you name...this year, they had jack! I took a couple pics of the coolest rides....and one wasnt even the show..it was parked outside! Man..I had more last summer at a local car show that was outside & free, plus they had a HUGE assortments of cars. Oh well...live & learn!
I TOLD YA 2 COME TO MY PLACE, BUT NO, YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN, WE HAD A
BLAST, CHECK IT OUT - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php3?t=136045
Big Piggy: "Goliath" 07 Kodiak C4500
Lil Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

Yea well I shoulda....my bad!
Old 01-16-2005, 03:02 AM   #6
1969 GMC

When I was about 12-13, I went to a little free cruise-in/car show at a local little diner. My dad drove his '74 International, and I told him to enter it but he wouldn't. Anyhow, there was a really sweet old 4x4 Studebaker truck that caught my eye. I was looking at it, and the old bastard that owned it just came up and started screaming at me to go away. I hadn't touched it, was just looking inside. I didn't want to go to car shows for a while after that, but eventually my interest in old vehicles overcame that a$$hole. Now I think that old Stude played a part in me liking 4x4's as much as I do.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:11 PM   #7
meathead95
computer illiterate

Hey jersey girl. have you ever been to the car show in murfreesboro behind sears at the stones river mall? They put it on every friday night. Ill let you know when it starts back up, but it is free and they usually never have under 300 cars. one friday last year during the chevelleabration they had over 500
Old 01-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
sactoC10
71 DELUX

Unfortunately, YES

The Sacramento AUTORAMA has become one of these. Seems to get smaller and less impressive as the years go by. Used to get to it every year, now I check it out every few years or so.

Local free shows seem to be much more enjoyable.
sactoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #9
GMan69

I've heard that Stone's River Mall Friday night cruise- in is AWESOME. I think they resume in April.
'72 GMC swb Stepside
GMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #10
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead95
Hey jersey girl. have you ever been to the car show in murfreesboro behind sears at the stones river mall? They put it on every friday night. Ill let you know when it starts back up, but it is free and they usually never have under 300 cars. one friday last year during the chevelleabration they had over 500
I think I have heard of it..just never been! Let me know when it starts back up! I used to go the the one they had on Sat nights @Cool Springs....then they moved it to the Sonic in Mt. Juliet....I can't wait for warmer weather~!
I should have entered my truck in this car show.....compared to what was there..I would have won for sure!
Old 01-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #11
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

That red 67 GMC is nice

I think the free ones are better only because it don't cost 10 bucks:p
I used to go to the world of wheels,and street nats and ect,but I would rather go to the small local show cause I usually know a lot of the people and generally they are more down to earth than the guys on the circut.Plus most of the locals build thier own cars/trucks,which to me is true hotrodding.You can't really buy a hotrod,you have to build it,but that's a different thread
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #12
GMC AMI

Wow, so many meets and shows. Up in the north there is one truck show in the summer and last year it rained so hard I did not attend. I do not drive the 68 with oak box in the rain. Tree, I think your truck would have been right at home beside the GMC
and no doubt your's is a trophy winner! Too bad there was not more old trucks on display.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:49 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Yeah,Importooner Show!Just keedin`,I`d take the long way around that.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
LT4XTREME

Yeah last summer 7 of us drove up to a car show in Ohio about 1 1/2 hours away. Usually a big show but flooding caused a low turn out. We did get 8 trophies including best of show. The show is held on a golf course so there is all kind of room, but what kills me is the old guy in his 50's or 60's that crawled out from under a rock to bring his 77 Bonnieville that was the biggest piece of Sh!t I've ever seen, He enters it into the stock class and sits on the hood leaning against the windshield all day. I think it had the original dirt on it from the factory along with the mud from his driveway, smoking like crazy, paint so faded it looked like rusty metal primer, muffler dragging, and to top that off as we are leaving this jack a$$ is behind a couple of us driving across the field to meet up with the rest of our group when we stop to wait on our group he starts blow his horn (surprized it worked) because we are in the way I guess 50 acres of open field is not enough room for him to get around. Why would someone like that pay $10 to enter a carshow.
LT4XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote