The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
jalopy tz

Need Help Befor I Buy Parts

I'm going to check out some part's tomorrow and need your people's help. I was looking to convert my 67 chevy to disc brake's and also add power steering. The person that is selling these part's is giving me a good deal for all part's. In the brake dept. he is selling the whole front clip as in the cross member and dust cap to dust cap and power buster and proportioning valve. What other part's do I need to make my truck stop. In the p/s dept.he is selling the steering box and pump and bracket. I know I'm missing something besides the hoses, I'm getting those new. And also the part's are out of a 71 or 72 truck and I plan on buying 6 lug rotors to keep my wheels. So your help is greatly appreciated. : Oh and the wife handed some cash out and I almost passed out in disbelief "jalopy tz"
jalopy tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
smokekiki
Mike

I don't think Your old wheels will clear the calipers,if they are stock.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

I agree with smokekiki, there's been some fellows on here try to run stock 6 lug wheels with disc brakes and they sometimes have troubles with clearance. Apparantly, there were 2 different styles of stock 6 lug wheels. One style will work and the other won't. If you have aftermarket wheels, they should work though.

One other thing you should try and get is the crankshaft pulley from the engine. You'll need the extra groove for the power steering belt.

Make sure the booster comes with brackets and pushrod too.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:47 AM   #4
jalopy tz

"Smokekiki" & "TXFirefighter" Thank's for the reply I will keep these thing's in mined and make a list of part's I need so every thing goes smooth. "jalopy tz"
jalopy tz is offline   Reply With Quote