The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
chrismoore701

VIN Number Questions

So I went to the junk yard with my buddies and they said the damage to the cab there was about as bad as mine, I have one bad floor, this cab had a bad floor, a bad post , and a bad corner, so I will keep looking or fix mine. On to the vins, from what I hear and what I have seen. The cab in the yard was stripped to bare bones. And the vins were located on the dash frame under the pad. The dash frame from what I saw can be removed and replaced by mine, so no hassle the new GMC would now become a 79 Chevy. As for the BMV they told me I would have to apply for a rebuild title. The only thing I would get from the yard would have been a bill of sale, no title. As for it being a felony for tampering with the vins, when I first bought the truck came from Alabama, there was an after market dash pad installed and the hole for the vins was covered over with the pad, it needed to be cut out. The #ss of a cop threatened to bust me on a class C or D Felony and throw me in jail. So it is real, I did get out of ticket and the jail time, but they said I need to cut the dash, just some information from me to you.

Chris
1979 Chevy Stepside Sport
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

ok so you know its wrong etc , but didn't you have a question or did i misunderstand teh title of the thread??
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
chrismoore701

Sorry no question, just to answer the questions that were out there, from what I have heard.
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote