The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
cag17

Turner Enterprises

I am looking for this company because someone told me that they have a smaller brake booster setup and also a brake booster that you can position under the cab. Please let me know if any of you guys have ever heard of this company.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:05 PM   #2
SCOTI

Do a search for Turners on the suspension forum. There are several less than happy individuals that have had dealings w/him. Apparently he can be hard to get in touch with.

I personally have spoke w/him on the phone & he was a really nice guy so I referred a neighbor to him for parts. My neighbor said he won't do business w/him again.

He got part of his order but was charged for everything. He decided to send back some of the stuff that was missing the parts (on his own dime), but then had issues getting the refund. I felt bad the deal didn't go well. I did put the control arms on that my neighbor kept & they were nice quality.

Now, my neighbor could have been leaving out some details & there's 2 sides to every story. Read up before spending your $$.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:48 PM   #3
cag17

Thanks for the quick reply. I read through a lot of the posts and I don't think that I will be dealing with Mr. Turner. I actually found a chrome master cylinder and brake booster with mounting braket from JEGS. I am amazed they had this part. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
roj2323

http://www.nwautofab.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=1

this guy makes all kinds of weird stuff for our trucks. his prices are decent and it seems to be high in quality.
roj2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:22 AM   #5
4x4Poet

Thanks for the link, roj2323.

Rez Engineering in Montana offers a power brake conversion that upgrades stock brakes to a dual corvette master cylinder, dual diaphram 8-1/2" booster, vac hose, firewall mounting brackets, pedal linkage, and all mounting hardware. From Rez's latest catalog:

BURP104 1967-72 drum $295
BURP105 1967-72 disc $389

Parts offered may vary for each exact year. For specifics, you can call Rez at 1-406-727-9267. 24hr fax 1-406-727-9268. Rez Engineering sell parts for 60-72 Chevy & GMC trucks. One of the smaller outfits for our trucks. 90 page color catalog $3 or free with purchase. No affiliation.

Here's a Custom Classic Trucks article on Rez Engineering's power brake upgrade to a 60-66 Chevy/GMC truck..
Old 01-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
VDOG
Grand PooBaa Member

I met Mr Turner out here in Cali at the Long Beach Hi-Performance Swapmeet.
He was not the friendliest guy. I asked about him installing a front airbag system on my 69, he said he would not do it unless it was the whole truck and he gave a price of 7000.00. I thought I was hearing things and I asked again. Told me the same price. Another guy I know said he had problems with his suspension parts matching up. He called McGaullys out here in Fresno and said he was happy with the parts they had because they bolt right up with no problem. Turner seems to have nice stuff, but when im spending my hard earn money, I dont need a bad attitude and I want my stuff to work. The first time.
VDOG is offline   Reply With Quote