The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2002, 01:40 AM   #1
Low69CST

Need a favor from guys with autocad program

I wanted to make room for a CD player and few other things, so drew up on autocad the layout of all the extra guages, radio and all the cutting lines i'd need. Well, i have this idea that I could print it out and just lay it on my pannel and be able to mark centers for holes and have much closer cut lines. I spent alot of time working it out so my guages were all neat in order and spaced right. So I wanted to be able to print it out so I could mark my pannel better. The t hing is the drawing is somwhere in the neighborhood of 10"x14, not exactly but somewhere around that. Its the aproximate size to a glovebox door obviously. I don't have access to a plotter, just a letter sized ink jet printer. I was wondering if anyone out there had access to something that could print this out full scale for me. I'd be will to reinburse, through a certified check, the expenses that anyone would occur, plus a small appreciation bonus for taking the time to help me out. If anyone could help it would be great.

Thanks guys
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Low69CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 01:56 AM   #2
oldyeller
Captain CAAAVVVMMMAAANNN!

looks like I am in the same boat as you, good software and design, but no plotter. Have you tried one of the local print shops, like kinko's or something similiar??
check out the project old yeller
oldyeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 02:25 AM   #3
supercheyenne

take it to your cad-cam department at school. If they don't have autocad, they can import it into another file format and print it there. If not, they'd surely know where to take it to get it printed out. Another thing would be to look up engineer and architect in the yellow pages, they'd have plotters.
supercheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 06:43 AM   #4
kw

I have had several instances here at work when one of the technicians in the shop need a 1/1 print of a pipe assembly, and the printout won't fit even on our large plotter.

What we do is make a match line, which is nothing more than a line, say, going right down the middle of your instrument panel drawing, which will allow you to print out a portion of that drawing onto a sheet which your printer can handle.

You make sure the match line is printed out on each sheet, overlay it, then splice it together.

Make sure you take measurements of the prinit before you cut. Sometimes there is some shrinkage.
kw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 07:21 AM   #5
GREEN70-72

Smile

EMAIL ME THE DRAWING AND I CAN PLOT IT FOR YOU I HAVE A 36 X WHAT EVER YOU NEED PLOTTER SITTING RIGHT HERE . JUST LET ME KNOW WHA YOU NEED AND HOW YOU WANT IT SENT
GREEN70-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:14 AM   #6
Fast Orange

I can also plot that out full scale for you. We've got a 36" x whatever plotter where I work. I'd be happy to do it if for some reason GREEN70-72 can't.

1972 Chevy Stepside that will one day be finished!!
Fast Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 11:20 AM   #7
John Fabris
TOTY 2006

Or, you guys (and gals) can email the drawings to me here at Autodesk, and I can plot it on any of the plotters (about 20 of them) that we have here for testing....

i can plot them and then stick em in a tube and send them back your way....
Old 06-03-2002, 10:23 AM   #8
Low69CST

Thanks guys, sorry I let this go so long without a reply, i got busy and it slipped my mind, just happen to think of it yesterday. I would really appreciate if someone would print it for me as soon as I get my drawing finalized. I'm making a pannel to go in place of my glove box to put my cd player and some guages in. I'm also putting my torque converter control there so I can adjust it, I don't have the measurements for it yet, so thats holding me up. I need to order that soon, but $ flow kind of has me in a bind. When i get home i'll post a copy of my file i've been working on. I took measurements of the holes and face plates for guages and a typical cd player and i'm maping them out trying to make them look as good as possible also I have the centers marked so I'll know where to drill with the hole saw. I'll try to get this wrapped up as soon as possible and maybe one of you guys can still print it out for me.

Thanks again.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:54 AM   #9
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

Looks like you got the help you need.
If I can help let me know and I'll give you an address to email the zipped drawing to.
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 05:52 PM   #10
Low69CST

Here it is, its not done, still need to get some dimensions from a few things and get them properly spaced.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 69glovebox.zip (7.1 KB, 43 views)