The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
RShaips

700R4 Installation progress

Well after many questions I am close to being done. The tranny is in ,driveshaft shortened and crossmember moved and bolted in(except top bolts!) All thats left is one piece of linkage that I need and getting the adapter for the TV cable. Tranny operates quietly and smoothly.When I picked up my driveshaft I stopped right next door at a Transmission shop and asked the owner a few questions about lockup wiring etc..He took me into the shop showed me a valve body and told me to what pressure switch to replace and reroute some wiring and replace the connector on outside of tranny and drew me a diagram of how to do it and gave me the pressure switch ,new plug in swith, a different TV cable, mine was too long and a linkage piece for the tranny and charged me $10.00, Said my lockup converter will lockup and unlock perfectly with this setup. He has done over 50 installations this way.I was sure glad I stopped in, he saved me lots of $ and time and cleared up how all this works for me. Can't wait to drive it !
RShaips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

Of course you know you need to share this info with us.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
RShaips

Having some trouble finding the $20.00 bracket laocally, that Holley makes for the TV cable for my carb. Any suggestions? I have seen the $110.00 kit Bowtie Overdrive sells but I am not interested in dropping that much cash.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Are these just parts that he had? Can they be duplicated? I am looking for a "kit" that will unlock my convertor. The one from bowtie overdrive only works off the brake switch. It doesn't have a vacuum over ride. I found one from Painless Wiring, but it includes the internal solenoid and it's 149.00.

What other options are there?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:47 AM   #5
RShaips

The pressure plug/ switch that I removed and replaced was wired to the internal solenoid. First I removed the existing one ,he said to remove the one closest to the round aluminum housing with 3 bolts in it if you have more than one of them in the valve body, I only had this one , I unpluged and replaced the pressure switch , the 2 wires that were connected to it, these need to be changed, first cut the black wire and ground it to a bolt on the valve body, the other wire(red) goes to the new switch,next make a new wire and attach it to the other terminal on the new pressure switch and run it to the inside part of the new plug in switch that it located on the outside of the tranny(first you must remove the original switch and replace with the new one which only has one wire terminal) then close it up. Afterwards you must attach a hot 'key on ' wire to the outside of this switch, this will enable the lockup on the torque converter. It was very easy, I drove it today , just a mile or so and everything seemed to work great, I am waiting for my TV cable bracket so that I can hook it up. Otherwise a fairly simple installation. I hope you can get an idea of what I am talking about, very easy to draw a diagram, harder to explain. Good luck