The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

In cab fuel delete mods.......

well I guess you didn't have to take the fuel tank out of the cab to do it but I did so thats why I ask. I am thinking about getting some thin sheetmetal or aluminum of some type to possibly fill up the gap on the inside of the cab in the cab corner area. has anybody ever done this before? It would run from the cab floor up to where ....well hell i don't know how to explain it...LOL. I had originally bought a 12 inch subwoofer to stick behind the center seat of the new seats but its too deep so i'm thinking some speakers possibly in the fabbed in pieces. This will also give you the opportunity to take out and fiddle with the door latch brackets.
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
mr402

You can see what I did here. I covered it with padding and vinyl to match the rest of the interior. At the bottom is 1/2 a roofing bracket (mates each plywood sheet between the trusses) and at the top I made a bracket to fasten the plywood to. Used a wing nut so I can still store the jack handle etc. behind it and easily access it. This is the best pic I've got for now.
Attached Images

mr402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
WRMZ71

Yea Mr. thats exactly what I was talking about. You said this bracket, Is it a hinge bracket of some type I take it then? I would like to see a pic of that hinge and then a little closer up of the general contour of the board to see how it fits. Thanks for answering when no one else even bothered to look.

Wrmz71
Old 03-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #4
WRMZ71

Mr402 is that brownbread on your floor as well? What did you think of the install? sorry about all the questions and requests but I think about my truck and the possibilities all day. Drives me nuts but I love it.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
guyryan100

I'm also interested in more pics of your setup. Looks like a good use of that space.
guyryan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
mr402

Tried to take a few more pics but the seat is in place now so they didn’t come out too well. At any rate, the bracket is a thingy used when putting plywood on a roof. It goes between two sheets of plywood between each truss. Picture of the bracket is below. I cut one side off and welded it to the floor of the cab. Placement is pretty critical. At the top I bent a bracket out of some flat stock and bolted it to an existing hole. At the other end I used a bolt with the threaded area out and use a wing nut to fasten the deal in place. It’s only retained by the bracket in the floor and the bracket on top. Nothing in the middle. Speaker is a smaller 6X9 that barely fits. To figure out the board I made a template out of cardboard first. Took a few tries before I got it right. Next time I would use a smaller speaker though. Maybe 5.5” round. Not quite enough plywood on the sides to make me comfortable. 2nd pic is about the best I'm going to with the seat installed. Doesn't show much though.

I used brown bread on the floor. Went in pretty easy. Used a 3M spray on adhesive.

One of these days I'll learn to document this stuff better.
Attached Images

mr402 is offline   Reply With Quote