The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
71MoneyPit
MPG...hmm..more like GPM

Been a LOONNGG time...

Hey all,

Boy its been a long time since i've been on here, Things in my life just got so hectic last year that I kinda lost touch with everyone on here.

My grandfather was in the hospital for the better part of last summer with pancreatitus That sure is nasty stuff) and Gall stones. He was in the hospital 35 days before they were finally able to do surgery on the Gall Bladder. While they were in there fixing all of that they found a small spot of cancer in his bladder, but they were able to remove all of it. They caught it before it had a chance to spread. Thank God he made it through it all. He is starting to get his energy back and is able to do the things he wants again(fishing).

I also had been working on the Moneypit almost everday there for about a year and I kinda got a little burnt-out working on it, so i just fixed everything that it needed to be dependable as a driver and left it at that. It sure was nice just to enjoy driving it for a while(when i could afford to..500Caddy+ $2.20 gas=$$$$) without working on the dang thing all the time

We also lost one of our Akitas that we had for 10 years to a heart attack this summer(while my grandfather was still in the hospital no less ) We heard her one night about 2:00am let out a eerie howl and we ran out and found her in the pen laying on her side breathing erratically. She died right there in our arms(at least her last sight was all the people that loved her holding her till her last breath ) Talk about a stressful summer

Me and my parents also bought ATVs last year for us to have some fun with. we had been looking at them for a lot of years but never could afford them, We finally saved up the money and were able to buy 3, a orange KFX-700(my fathers)- a white Suzuki z-250(My mothers) and a Red-Black Arctic Cat DVX-400(mine). I was amazed at how much fun and how big a stress relief it is to ride them. we usually take them out at least once a weekend or more. You also get good exercise riding them.

Well im starting to ramble I just wanted to let everyone know i didn't fall off the face of the earth or something. Maybe this year will turn out better( I dont know how it could end up worse than last year)

71 C-10, 500ci of tire shredding Caddy torque, th400, 12 bolt w/Powertrax Lock-Right. Bald Rear Tires

85 Toyota 4x4- 22r 4-banger, 5 speed, I can actually AFFORD to drive this one.
71MoneyPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
71MoneyPit
MPG...hmm..more like GPM

here's a pic of our old girl we lost.
Attached Images

71 C-10, 500ci of tire shredding Caddy torque, th400, 12 bolt w/Powertrax Lock-Right. Bald Rear Tires

Old 03-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
71MoneyPit
MPG...hmm..more like GPM

here's one of our quads
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
ROBBY WHITE
ZOIE AND ZACK

Sorry To Hear About Your Girl Hard To Let Go After 10 Years, At Least See Was With Her Family When She Went. Glad Grandpa Is Ok Also. Now Take Those Quads And Have Some Fun With Life
02 1/2 SUBURBAN
67 GMC 1/2 TON LONGBED
05 AVALANCHE
ROBBY WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Love the Akitas. I bred them when I lived in Japan. To me they are about the best breed of dog to have. Your's was a very nice tan brindle. Sorry to hear your lost.

Added some pics of my two. Male is dark one female all white. I was sorry to lose mine also. they died of some stupid insect bite from H7ll in Okinawa.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 03-02-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #6
69 Short Fleet

Great to hear grandpa's well, my brother had to put his old english sheepdog "Rags" (the big hairy ones that can't see where their going, lol) down @ 2 years ago (very sad). He was 13 years old. Welcome back
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #7
71MoneyPit
MPG...hmm..more like GPM

We've had 5 Akitas over the years and IMO they are probably one of the smartest breeds of dogs there is not to mention one of the best guard dogs around.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
moneyguru

This is Samson, our Siberian Husky.

You could easily say he's my first born child....

He is a strong willed lovable dog with inflammation of his spinal cord.
This requires rimadyl twice a day at ~$1 a pop, but it relieves his pain for the most part.

We are saddened to know that we probably won't have him with us much longer. About 2 years ago the vet said he'd probably live 2-3 years, and then his hind legs would start not working and the pain would get worse.

Just felt like sharing, I'm trying to give him all the love and happiness he can enjoy in the time he has left. Love your family, friends and animals for you never know how long you will have them.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:09 AM   #9
71MoneyPit
MPG...hmm..more like GPM

thats the bad thing about the larger breeds, they have a lot of spinal and hip problems,one of our other akitas has popping hocks, he's about 8yrs old now and they are starting to bother him. It's like a person who has an ankle that pops in and out while there walking sometimes.

Palf70step and moneyguru-they are both beautiful dogs

Old 03-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #10
Daubs

Welcome back. On the topic of dogs....I'll never argue with a person who says his dog / breed is the smartest. It's an argument no one will ever win. I'll say this...dogs are GREAT! Love mine. He's been an oustanding addition to our family.

Gettin on in age, turning 9 in July. Hips started bothering him last year, so got him on glucosamine (sp?) and he's doing much better. Seen here on the Platte in Nebraska hunting last fall.

Lives inside with me, wife and two daughters (6 & 4). Very well behaved (anyone can say "sit" and his rump is on the ground), retrieves like a machine, plays with the kiddos well and even gives off a earth shaking bark when the doorbell rings. Doesn't matter much because once the door opens he's wagging his tail and licking whoever enters, so as a guard dog, he's all bark and no bite.

He will come downstairs to my office and put his paw on my leg when he needs to get out for bathroom. This will tell you how well he listens...

Four years ago I bred him with another lab. She's in heat and he's chasing her around the yard. He finally catches her (or she lets him) and he's about ready to do his business. I wanted to see just how well he listens so I give him the "here" command. He thinks about it for just a few seconds, then jumps off and walks over to me. I scratched his head and said go get her buddy. (pups on the ground later that spring)
Old 03-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #11
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Good to see you back, definitely remember you and your rig.
Attached Images

Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #12
C10 Club Tennessee

Welcome Back and since we some posted pics of my dog here's mine-

Roth
Attached Images

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #13
smitty62

OK--but when you start with the cat pics, I'm leaving..........

Stepsides look like real trucks!
Smitty

smitty62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #14
ROBBY WHITE
ZOIE AND ZACK

Here Are Some Shots Of My American Bulldogs Both 6 Years Old 115# Plus
Attached Images

02 1/2 SUBURBAN
67 GMC 1/2 TON LONGBED
05 AVALANCHE
ROBBY WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote