The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
hotrodchev

FS: 89 Chevy 1/2-ton 4X4 Work Truck in MN. $850

1989 Chevy 1/2-Ton 4X4 Work Truck - 350, 700r4 automatic, 3:73 gears, Posi Rearend, Anti-lock brakes, approx. 150,000 miles (odometer quit at 130,000). This is a good repairable truck needing a fuel pump and new head gaskets. Fix the problem with the fuel pump and you’ll have a truck reliable enough to do tasks around the yard, business or farm. Replace the head gaskets and you should have a dependable truck ready to hit the road again. I’ve been using the truck around my yard the past several years and the engine, transmission and 4WD all worked fine before the problem with the fuel pump developed in Nov. ’04. I just installed a new fuel pump and sending unit the previous year and either the fuel pump is faulty or the assembly possibly came apart inside the tank. Mechanic recently installed a new map sensor, spark plugs and fuel filter before tracing the problem back to the fuel pump. The problem with the head gasket leak developed several years ago and this is when I retired the truck from being my daily driver. Upon venting the radiator cap (to depressurize the cooling system), the leak had stopped and I continued to use the truck around the yard. The truck has mostly surface rust and some through rust above the rear wheel lips, but better than average condition for a Minnesota truck. Good tires, brakes, new radiator 3-4 years ago, (newer style) 4wd engagement switch and new battery. Truck located in east-central Minnesota. May consider delivering the truck in the area of Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding suburbs for a small fee. Truck will run briefly and can be heard and inspected by appointment only. Asking $850.00. Prefer cash, but will also accept payment with a credit card through Paypal.com. Consider trades (up or down) for 1967-72 Chevy trucks/parts, 1967-1973 Camaro's, 1964-72 Chevelle's, 1966-72 Nova's, 1970-72 Monte Carlo's or anything else interesting.

Tim - 651-786-6390
tclift2078@aol.com
Attached Images

hotrodchev is offline   Reply With Quote