The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2002, 05:15 PM   #1
Pumkin Truck
Thats just prime!

And no, i am not advertising.

Sup all, this topic came across to me today as i recieved the latest car craft. I don't want to do the poll thing so i was just wondering what magazine do you prefer for information adn articles relating to us people on budgets. Now many magazines offer so called "Budget stories", but are they helpful. I say this because i am amazed at the inforation car craft gives me. Yes it is a car mag but although i own a truck, i prefer there information for many reasons. 1, i have a library of truckin, and classic trucking mags that only (imo) show high dollar vehicles, and i have also read reader replies toward the editor to show imperfect vehicles and or daily drivers, but no they still show show stoppers. 2. the people behind car craft give better budget stories due to thier price lists at the end of the build ups. 3. car craft has more of a feel (imo) that they are here to entertain us giving us a more "Down to earth" point of view, rather than continue to be the perfect mag that always has the happy mood going for them. Well that is just me, and no, i am not advertising. Have a nice day all!

*99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
1 Bad 5.7ltr LS1
Pumkin Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 07:14 PM   #2
72chevyLWB
Got 20's????

but did you ever notice some of the budget parts they get are from swap meets or buddies that were extremely dirt cheap. Most of the stuff you have to spend a few more $ to get. Also is a $2,500 300+ horse 350 really a budget deal? Just a few things that I have noticed over the last few years. Also if you look really close in truckin and other mags you can pic out bad things in those trucks. There was a yellow 72ish pickup with a huge scratch on the drivers fender and there was also something else wrong I can't remember. And just a few months ago there was an S-10 in truckin and the bumper cover was warped bad. None of the font end body lines matched either. But to each his own. Just my .02 and don't want anybody mad at me either.
72chevyLWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

I subscribe to Custom Classic Trucks.
Its my Fav!
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:26 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

CAR CRAFT RULES

I love Car Craft, and agree with EVERYTHIGN you listed. THey have the best humor, and rag on each other way more than any other mags. They admit when they scatter a motor, and then tell you what they did wrong.
The only beef I have with them, is the new Sr. Ed. He needs to go to hot rod, and get David Freeburger back over to CC. He is THE MAN when it comes to dirt cheap.
Love them sandals.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote