The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
Senor_paco

Question Removing leaves to drop, adding bags question.

Oh great ones, I have a question: I have a 77 fleetside with 2" drop springs in front, and hangers and shackles in the rear for a 4" drop. Now, before going with a flip kit, I was wondering; I see some guys take a cheap way to drop their suspension by pulling leaves out of the rear packs. Now... I'd like another inch or so of drop, and was thinking about pulling a leaf or two out, and to restore ride height if I decide to haul my lawn tractor or anything else (very rare, maybe 3 or 4x per year), putting some bags under the rear to raise the suspension when needed. I won't need a tank or compressor (maybe later if I do the front), I can just fill them like i used to do the hijacker air shocks in my old mustangs. any input will be greatly appreciated.
I can weld them in with my mig, so there shouldn't be any issues, at least that I can see, so that's why I'm asking the experts..
Senor_paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #2
69 longhorn

That should work, if you dont take too many leafs out. You may need to add a set of traction bars to help control wheel hop with the lite spring package tho. Best of luck, L
Old 03-11-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
Senor_paco

Hmmm... Id probably be better off just 4 linking the rear then. Working towards it. get the bags, drop the leaves, and then when money permits, add the 4link.
Senor_paco is offline   Reply With Quote