The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2002, 02:26 AM   #1
littlebubba

Fullsize 2WD Blazer Wanted (NOT 4X4)!

Looking for a fullsize 73-82 Fullsize Blazer or Jimmy 2WD (NOT 4X4) stock original with " solid rustfree body " within 200 miles of Detroit, or willing to deliver to me! Motor and trans not important. What you got? Or know of any for sale.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 12:31 PM   #2
Desert Rat

I know of 2 for sale,mine 79 2wd fresh 2001 Lt Autumn Wood gold,402 BBC(extremly clean all painted underhood,firewall body color,all brackets,pulleys)new water,fuel pump,HEI,plugs,wires,alternator, starter,radiator,750 Edelbrock,Holley Intake,Ralleys,tilt,tach,autometer engine vital gauges,none of this even has a mile on it.Needs interior done,and new weatherstrip was a RUST FREE truck,its what i was looking for,Needs exhaust to be drove away,i was getting local shop $250 for 2 1/2" duals with Dynomax mufflers.Id sell it for $6000 it would be a done truck with interior,and weatherstrip,not show but a sweet daily driver-the exhaust and it would be ready for the trip,id drive you pay for gas,i also know of one i was gonna buy at a local yard,MAJOR project.no motor/trans.most trim pieces in back like someone was gonna paint it,it might be missing a door,and i know the top is gone-he wont part it but wants $500 but think youd need a trailer.If intrested im on summer vacation i work for school be a nice time to get out of the 100's
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 12:21 AM   #3
littlebubba

Info on project

Hey there Desert Rat did you get my "pm" on the project blazer you were talking about? I'm interested in some more info on it.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:35 PM   #4
Desert Rat

I havent noticed anything-email me,i forget to check the 73 side of board im a more frequent 67-72er.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:30 AM   #5
littlebubba

Still Looking

Still trying to find a good solid rustfree original 2WD Fullsize Blazer or Jimmy. Running or not running, but mostly complete if not driveable. Anybody know of "one" looking for a new owner!
Old 07-24-2002, 12:00 AM   #6
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

My buddy is selling his without motor and trans unless you want it. He was driving it, but is going to finish his Chevelle. It has been lowered in front with spindles, we added a tilt column and a full guage set to it. 1982 model originally came with an inline 6 with air added on. Power rear window (works), manual windows in front. It is an excellent starter truck. It has one place in the floor about the 3 x 4" long that needs welding up (previous owner cut the rust out). Has 15" 5 spoke polished aluminum wheels and pretty new tires on it. I think he is asking $2000 for it minus motor. He is in Alabama.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 01:23 AM   #7
littlebubba

Blazer sounds good/Any pics, more info?

Hey there Capt., your buddy's Blazer sounds like it has possibilities, any chance I can get some pics emailed, and any more detailed info. It wouldn't be a problem to make a roadtrip down there, how big of a hurry is he in to sell it? We might be able to work a deal here.
Old 07-24-2002, 02:35 PM   #8
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Yeah, I think I can get him to take some pics and send them to you. Anything particular that you want to see? I will try to get any pics of "questionable" areas that I would want to see to you. He isn't in a big hurry to sell as he is still driving it every once in a while. I am supposed to paint the frame of his Chevelle for him so he can get it ready to put the motor in, and he is just now reassembling the control arms.

What other details do you want?
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Old 07-24-2002, 11:25 PM   #9
littlebubba

Blazer pictures

Thanks Capt., if you could get some good pics of the usual rust /problem areas that would be great! (Tailgate area, 1/4's and wheel wells, rocker panels, bottom side of floor, maybe some shots of the frame that show its condition, interior shot with dash, side view of the whole Blazer, you get the idea.) Give me any specific details that I should know about it, what is going with it and whats not, his asking price, mileage, options etc..

Thats good that he is still driving it, when he is ready let me know. I'm not in a big hurry, if this is the real deal, as this looks like it'll be a fall and winter project as it is getting a little late in the summer to get it completed for cruising this year. If we can work out the details ahead of time, and I can make plans when he's ready, we can roll! Let me know ASAP. Thanks Mike
Old 07-26-2002, 05:22 PM   #10
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

He is going to try and get some pics this weekend. As for him being ready, he can be ready by this weekend. He just needs a reason to pull the engine.

As stated in the original response, the price is $2000, mileage - exempt, I have no idea how many miles are on the truck. We swapped out the gauge cluster.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Old 07-26-2002, 06:27 PM   #11
BigBlockBurris

Bubba,

A friend of mine has a 80 model 2 wheel drive blazer for sale. PS PB AC need floor pan work. White with blue interior. Runs and drives, just been sitting outside several years. Excellent start for a project. 2 floor pans and you'd be rollin'. I can give you his phone number if you want so you can talk to him directly. I think he wants $1000 for it. Thanks

Oh yeah the truck is just outside Charlotte NC
BigBlockBurris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 12:59 AM   #12
littlebubba

BigBlock check for a pm on Blazer

BigBlock sent you a "pm", let me know if you got it.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:03 PM   #13
Grim Reaper

Are you aware of how easy it is to convert a 4x4 to a 2wd? It's all bolt on.
2wd's are a hard find. I'm seriously concidering converting my wifes 79 4x4 into a 2wd prerunner and installing a OD tranny and FI. Should be able to get 18mpg that way.
Any way for the rear axle all you need to do is swap the axles shafts to 5 lugs shafts. Proably score them from the Junk Yard for $40.
Front you have to remove the engine cross member. It will take poping a few rivits and I have heard you can worm it out whole but cutting it in halfe and it will come right out.
Hit your local Junkyard and have them whack a frame with complete suspension off any 2wd truck form 73-87 at the fire wall. Make sure the motor mounts and 2wd steering box is there. The complete front suspension and crossmember bolts off intact. don't need to workky about pulling springs. it will come off as a unit. The holes should already be in the frame of the 4x4. Bolt it on, hang the 2wd box (might have to get different power steering high presure hose as the flare is different. Mount the sway bar brackets and hook up the breakes. Most places will seel you the complet front frame for $150. That also gets you the 2wd hard lines for the brakes and the 2wd proporting valve will also be on the frame section on the core suport crossmember.
Now that will get it drivable till you find the tranny you want.
You will be able to sell the front axle, trans and transfer case and you might even make a few bucks depending on what you lay out for a tranny.
2wd trannys are an easy find so you can pick them up pretty cheap. Only bummer is the vin still say's its a 4x4 to your insurance company.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 10:52 PM   #14
littlebubba

Thanks for the info

Grim Reaper thanks for the info on the 2WD conversion, I've heard different stories that it could be done this way but never talked to anyone who has done it. Have you done it? It makes sense, because the GENERAL wouldn't make different frames, just components. If its as easy as you say this might not be a bad way to go on this project, 4X4's are easy to find and like you said pickup or any 2WD front suspension is easy to find. The price of frontends just went up, because everybody will be doing it.
I see your in the Hotlanta area, my cousin lives in Roswell, he grew up in Dunwoody.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:26 PM   #15
Grim Reaper

Re: Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally posted by littlebubba
Grim Reaper thanks for the info on the 2WD conversion, I've heard different stories that it could be done this way but never talked to anyone who has done it. Have you done it? It makes sense, because the GENERAL wouldn't make different frames, just components. If its as easy as you say this might not be a bad way to go on this project, 4X4's are easy to find and like you said pickup or any 2WD front suspension is easy to find. The price of frontends just went up, because everybody will be doing it.
I see your in the Hotlanta area, my cousin lives in Roswell, he grew up in Dunwoody.
Well I'm concidering the swap. I have had some dealings with swapping stuff on these trucks.I own a 75 Jimmy and a 79 Blazer. I recently sold a 1970 Burb project. 70 was still drrum front brakes and 6 Lug There is a few ways to do a Disc conversion One is a very expensive kit that lets you retain six lug front but you have to use a custom kit. The other is swap the front suspension from a 5 lug 2wd. The frames are so close that it's still a bolt on and you can use the front suspension from all the way up to 87. Basicly it's the same work other than the 4x4 crossmember. I had already stripped the parts from a 77 2wd blazer (was not worth saving. It was from Fla and while up in MI the rust from the bottom up in FL the rust from the top down, there was a 1 ft diameter hole in the bedside where the Cab and bed meet.). Sold the Burb for lack of time to work on it. Threw in the parts to do the Disc conversion. Now I'm kicking myself because I'm tossing around the idea to convert my wifes 79 into a Prerunner. Have to get all the parts again LOL.
Now one thing I don't know and have not bothered to check because I want the truck to sit high is the rear suspension. If I do the conversion it will be to make a prerunner out of it. A 2wd does sit a little lower and I don't know what is different to get it lower. It may be springs and that's an easy swap or just pull a couple leafes and the overload. However I think it might be the Spring mounts might be different. Again once you cut the rivit loose you can bolt them on. Might be able to just move the hanger up and redrill. The rear mount off a 2wd truck would be a esay swap but the front one might be Blazer unique due to the frame shape. Might be shared. I honestly don't know I'll try to find out though.
Now I have not hear what your planning for this truck. I asume your looking to lower it. Another option would be to go to a link rear suspension. It isn't hard and it leves you with a ton of option including bagging the truck, Coils or Coil overs.
I moderate a couple of the Forums over at www.ColoradoK5.Com You might want to also look in the For Sale forum there. There is a AWSOME lowered 82 the is remarkably clean with freash paint for sale. It is in Dallas TX though.\Here is a couple pictures of truck the way I'm concidering converting our 79. I also have a 75 Roadster I can lay my hands on for free but it has rusted out floors and no drivetrain at all.

That is one of the CK5 members and yes that truck is 2wd. Here is a link to his site. http://www.mkparker.com/goose/ The fenders have a 3 inch deep buldge so you can run some offset on the wheels. The rear fender is DZus fastend and takes about 30 seconds to remove.
Here is a 90's update front on a 74. I dig this truc a LOT.

Hotlanta. Yeah Where I lived from the time I was 13 till I was 23 was off Lower Roswell Rd. in East Cobb Co. I could be in Roswell in about 7 minutes.
I was Born in Detroit and Grew up in Troy the My Folks got Tranfered down here when I was 13. I sure don't miss that Snow!
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:05 PM   #16
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

The rear spring mounts on a 4x4 are different than a 4x2 for the 73-87's. Brake line mounting points are also different.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Old 08-07-2002, 10:45 AM   #17
pfoster

littlebubba did you get the pics
Old 08-07-2002, 11:15 AM   #18
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

These are the links to PFoster's Blazer he sent me that is for sale lilbubba:

http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/temp/pfblazer1.jpg
http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/temp/pfblazer2.jpg
http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/temp/pfblazer3.jpg
http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/temp/pfblazer4.jpg
http://www.captkaoscustoms.com/temp/pfblazer5.jpg
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Old 08-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #19
Desert Rat

Mines almost done $6000 as sits or $6500 and ill put in the new carpet and weatherstrip,then its ready to go weekend cruising and that big Block thats in their is a tires frying machine.shiny new bumpers,grille and trim,paint,weatherstrip,all engine accessories are new Carb,vintage Holley Cast Iron intake,vintage Cal Custom Valve covers,Ralleys,im getting ready to drop it closer to the earth with spindles and springs.everything under hood clean and painted,done nice no mickey mousing,i was building to have a good cruiser for when i go back and for from AZ to CA once a month.havent put on new tires yet these are legal,but was thinking of some 18's not sure yet.
Old 08-08-2002, 05:54 PM   #20
Desert Rat

Hell for gas money i might even drive it to Michigan.by the way this was a 100% rust free truck when started.bought new in Casa Grande,AZ by a lady i work with or trades for 61-5 Impala,Belair,Biscayne of equal value.Got a credit card?We can go to GM dealer and pick out a 502 of equal value for trade.