The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
Brad_Olson

'67 C10 FS - no. AR

It's parked along highway 5 in very northern Arkansas, just outside Three Brothers. I saw this truck when I was visiting last Thanksgiving and according to my in-laws it's still there.

It's a very basic '67 C10 fleetside (LWB, IIRC) with a 230 and column-shift 3-speed, and has spent most of its life as a farm truck. By Rust Belt standards it's very solid; I believe 1 rocker panel needs repair or replacement but overall it looked good. I had a brief conversation with the seller's father (the owner inherited the truck when a family member passed away) and was told that while it ran good, there's a shift linkage problem at the base of the column and the driver can't move the lever between R-1 and 2-3; that has to be done manually under the hood. At the time I saw it it also needed new tires and the interior needs to be restored. Sorry, no photos.

The seller's phone numbers are 870/424-0854 and 870/481-5482. 4 months ago the asking price was $1500 and unless work's been done I doubt it's gone up. It's been for sale for at least 16 months (I first saw it in '03) and I hate to see it just sitting there, so hopefully someone here might be interested in giving it a good home. If I was closer than 600 miles I'd consider it myself but it's just not practical for me at this time, and I doubt my father-in-law would be thrilled about having it sit in his driveway until I could make OK to drive home!

Brad O.
Brad_Olson is offline   Reply With Quote