The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
MARIOS68PANEL

My First member contact, Parts run

I whent to San Bernardino to get the barn doors. Got to meat dmec and his wife. Very nice folks. Got to talk trucks and look at his projects. He gave me a great deal on the doors and a few tips to help me with my truck. My son took pic`s of all the old trucks we saw. only 5 classic trucks in 400 miles .
And one was burnt beond belief. http://photos.yahoo.com/marios68panel

It was a great trip and met great people along the way.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
1STtimePRo'71

It's just not fair. Why cant I live down there where the sun shine's and the trucks still have metal left in em. Oh and the women run around half naked all thae time.

1967 2 Wheel Chevy
1STtimePRo'71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:21 AM   #3
phlegm
Still Green but learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STtimePRo'71
It's just not fair. Why cant I live down there where the sun shine's and the trucks still have metal left in em. Oh and the women run around half naked all thae time.

If it makes you feel any better I live in the south and my name is Cory... you can live the dream through me.
2010 Acura TL
98 Mastercraft "FrankenStar" 225
27253 UPS/USPS

IIOY....nope never was
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:31 AM   #4
1STtimePRo'71

1967 2 Wheel Chevy
1STtimePRo'71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STtimePRo'71
...And the hurricans demolish everything, the tornados take out whatever the hurricanes miss, in a lot of places you have two seasons: Hot and Hotter (with a 2-3 week cold snap that's supposed to be winter). Oh yeah - let's not forget about the good 'ol boys who still think segregation should be practiced religiously and sleeping with other family members is okay after you've had a few beers and smoked some trees?

Hmmm..."Ya, doncha know?"

Make the best of what ya got. It's not all glitz and glamour down here. I'd rather be somewhere wintery where you have a reason to keep someone warm. It's a lot easier to get warm when it's cold than it is to keep cold when it's warm. When you start sweating just walking out of the house and to your car at 9am, you know there's something not right.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:43 AM   #6
69 Short Fleet

Those little PT things have like super bad visability (bet he was in the wrong). What happened in the small pic? Did a rod catch fire or something? Hope their ok.
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:03 AM   #7
Mudder

Its pretty cool getting to meet guys/gals from the boards here. I have probably met upwards of 100 members here. All have seemed to be really nice.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
dmec

it was nice meeting and talking with you guys also. it is nice to see father and son working together on a project. i have 3 daughters so never had that opportunity. good luck on your project.
dmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
busterwivell

dmec, what do you mean? I get to work on my daughter's car all the time!
I find that I like the heat a lot more than cold.........I can always get where the AC is. Incidently, my wife just told me last week it's time to call the AC people and have them install the heat pump in the shop! No more propane heater in the winter, and now AC in the summer too!
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #10
MARIOS68PANEL

69shortfleet, You decide, The guy pulls away from the sidewalk nails my wifes car in the passanger side (she`s traveling at 10mph) he hit her so hard It deployed the airbags . (Which hurt her pretty bad considering the bialateral mastectomy she had last year.) breaks her wrist and Bruses her up badly. His lug bolts ground the circle in the door. Then he gets out and starts yelling , "why didnt you stop", No turn signal (of coarse)( California rule) its a city worker in a small dump truck on a cell phone, You decide!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #11
69 Short Fleet

MARIOS68PANEL, I hope your wife will be OK and she has a quick recovery. Now that you explained what happened I understand the dump truck was totally at fault. Regards Doug
69 Short Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote