The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
Mudder

A little progress......

Got the intake on and the headers are hanging by 2 bolts. Wont have another set of hands tomorrow. Dizzy wouldn't go back in so gonna have to adjust the pump a little I think. Then just a matter of connecting everything back.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #2
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder67
Got the intake on and the headers are hanging by 2 bolts. Wont have another set of hands tomorrow. Dizzy wouldn't go back in so gonna have to adjust the pump a little I think. Then just a matter of connecting everything back.

Progress is always a good thing... I changed oil in 3 of my vehicles, ( The Eclipse, & The two F-350 Fords) I also took the Hood off the 70, I have to replace the heater core, I got as far as the two bottom somewhat hidden bolts and decided to take a break.....But I got the Heater fan out, and found a Ton of Mouse Turds In the heater box!!! I also found My Battery drain,,, Well,, which wire terminal it is on anyway, Now to actually isolate and get rid of it.... I'm going to go back out for a few more hours,, Just wanted to check a E-bay auction, and see what was up here.

Then I have a bunch of new stuff I've been collecting all winter I need to start installing..

OH Yea, I also got on the Contractor who is Supposed to be doing the new garage and house add on !!!????

I don't know which is worse to get stuff going,,, Auto body people or House Contractors????
RON WOODGEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Sucks when you have to stop because there aren't enough hands - I run into that alone as I almost am out working alone. Will expect some pics when you get it done!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 AM   #5
Mudder

Its running again but not drivable. Have some water leaks from the heater hoses which arent really hoses and they wont stretch. I guess the difference in intakes. I had to order another kit to make new ones. 107 bucks ouch!!!!!!!!! These hoses are really nice but if you get them be sure u cut them plenty long..........
Old 03-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #6
RON WOODGEARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder67
Its running again but not drivable. Have some water leaks from the heater hoses which arent really hoses and they wont stretch. I guess the difference in intakes. I had to order another kit to make new ones. 107 bucks ouch!!!!!!!!! These hoses are really nice but if you get them be sure u cut them plenty long..........

What hoses are you using ???? That's an OUCH !!!

We got the Heater core put back in, Sealed everything real good.., Painted a few of the Heater ducting pieces.. Did a Very good Bleach clean up of the Mouse turds !!!!!

Then I started following wires through to attempt to discover where the Battery drain is coming from, It looks as if I have it Isolated to the Alarm,,,, There must be a short somewhere inside the motherboard????!!! I'll do some more checking tomorrow, and if it's still the culprit, I'll send it back to "Code Alarm" and have them check it out and repair it....

Tomorrow, will be doing that, and then changing Spark Plugs.. I have a couple that have decided to foul out...I have needed to rejet this carb since I bought it from Andy ( Longhornman) I guess now would be a good time to get that done also!!!! I'll do an Ohm test on the Plug wires also, just to see what shape they're in..

I have a 10:00 PM work start tomorrow night, So I have a little more time then usual.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
lost wages

randy i may be interested in your old hoses.
lost wages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
Mudder

They are the one Summit sell under their name. They look like coils and are stainless. Lost I didnt get the new ends........Just the hoses.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
Mudder

The one on the top of the core goes to the pump now. Its not hangin out there all by itself in mid air.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:35 PM   #10
RON WOODGEARD

Mudd,,,,

Your truck just keeps lookin Better-N-Better !! I need to take a better look into those hoses.. Looks like they're pretty sharp..

The other thing I have thought about doing is having the ends changed on my heater core to accept screw on ends so I could install steel braided.. And have a 90 Degree angle installed on both angling down... I'll check on that when everything else is on it's way a little more.