The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 AM   #1
jhwkns
Registered Cruiser

blew my clutch

My clutch broke this afternoon. I was only a couple miles from home and managed to limp it back to the house. I was looking forward to relaxing this afternoon, but ended up putting in a new clutch instead. It's the first time my pickup's broke down in ages. I guess I was due
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
shifty
Questionable

LOL. Wow. That thing is horrible.

I have a half-used 10" clutch sitting out in the garage right now. I think I have the pressure plate to go with it too - everything but the bearing. I was about to offer it to you, but it looks like you got it done. Damned thing is so heavy, shipping would prolly be pretty expensive though. Not sure it would be worth it...cost me $140 to buy mine new from Advance Auto parts and it came with everything - plate, bearing, clutch pad, etc.

Ever since I changed out my clutch, I can't used 1st gear without stalling out the truck. I basically have two gears: 2nd and 3rd.

I think I need to drop some new gears or something in the truck. Not sure how that works.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:49 AM   #3
jhwkns
Registered Cruiser

Thanks anyway shifty, but it's a done deal. The worst part was standing in line at AZ to buy parts. It took me about three hours total to finish the job. There aren't many vehicles that are easier to put a clutch in.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:10 AM   #4
ACES
Life is a gamble

You guys are way ahead of me on clutch knowledge. I wouldn't have the first clue on how to replace one of those.
How hard was it to do?

The torpid artist seeks inspiration at any cost, by virtue or by vice, by friend or by fiend, by prayer or by wine.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ACES is offline   Reply With Quote