The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
Jimbotronics
YA YA

Work in progress - need a few suggestions

This whole thing started as a "rebuild my 307 project". After pulling the engine I came to realize just how bad the rad support and inner fenders were - so why not change 'em while the engine is out. SO now I have the rad support, both inner fenders, battery tray, and right fender on order. Then after posting questions about rebuilding the 307 another board member pm's and tells me he's got a crate 350 with 25K miles. So weekend comes around and me and a buddy go pick the motor up as well as get to meet a board member (cdowns - helluva guy and has some cool stuff). Engine came complete with edelbrock RPM intake, edel 600cfm carb, and HEI (got 'em off to run through the parts washer). My question is how do I go about painting the firewall before putting everything back, should I invest in an air sprayer (i have a 30 gal compressor) OR rattle can it or ?. I don't know crap about using an air sprayer but what better place to learn than the frame and firewall right? Also, what do i use to get the old crusty, caked on, rubberized caulking off? Sorry 'bout ramble on on on on. btw - this is my first project so i'm learning as i go...

'72 SWB - 350 (frame-off resto in progress - donations accepted)

'04 Chevy Avalanche

'03 Cadillac CTS (wife's ride)

Restoration progress - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335707

Last edited by Jimbotronics; 03-30-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Jimbotronics is offline   Reply With Quote