The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
LeftEar55

Cool how about this, that I heard at a car & truck show today?

Well, I had heard earlier in the week, that there was supposed to be a big old car and truck show this weekend, only a few miles from my house. Well, I get there and there is not even a handful of vehicles there. There were maybe 5 classics, an 05 Saleen Mustang and about 3 ricers. I thought for a second, that I wasted my time, but at the ver end of the line, there was a 51 red, 5 window, short-step. OK, the owner was somewhere from TN and an older man, (say mid 70's) and maybe he'll belong to this forum and maybe he will get corrected. I told him that I was working on a 55 1st series and he said he had some rear fenders, but they wouldn't fit my truck, because it was a different body. OK, now I wasn't trying to be a wise ass or anything, but I told him, that the rear fenders were the same from 47-55 1st. He argued with me for a while, but I'm sorry, I DID know what I was talking about on this subject. Then, he tried to tell me that the 54 body was the only one that had a 1st and 2nd series. He was convinced that the 55 was a totally different body!! He almost pissed me off! I just walked off while he was talking, I just couldn't stand there and listen to his nonsense and I just figured I'd let everyone who reads this, know what some of us have to go through.
LeftEar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
Brainchild
Still drivin' a Rat Rod

Kinda wierd that a man htat has a truck that year in a show,doesn't know things like that.Most of those guys have forgotten more than I'll ever know about thier run of trucks.
Rusty Member #13872
Instead of saying.....you are a discomfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *a$#*

71 GMC LWB
49 Chevy
85 Chevy G20

Check out my website
Brainchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
Fred T
Cantankerous Geezer

I don't even waste my time arguing anything like that. Let them think what they want, cause you're not gonna prove them wrong.

There is no such thing as too much cam...just not enough engine.
Fred T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
3100 special
Street Rod Dreamin'

Doesn't do any good to argue. I've run in to it before and I just say.."whatever"...
"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
Benjamin Franklin, On the Price of Corn and Management of the Poor, November 1776
3100 special is offline   Reply With Quote