The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2002, 12:25 AM   #1
chevy72402
FARMER/RANCHER

I think my pickup is mad at me!

I put over $3000 into that big block of its then I leave it sit and only put about 1500 miles on it since January 2001 and I get it out to go to the dirt track races to drive in style right. Well I baby it about 10 miles then I hear the radio go in then out. Shoot the stinking wires are shorting. I think the mice got to it even though I had it moth balled. No problem I think. Little bit later I smell burning. Crap fusible link. Well I get it to keep from shorting drive another 5 miles radio goes out. Ok I can deal with that. No radio I can still ride in style right! Wrong. I get another 5 miles and hear a bang. Crap,I think, that better not be a rod. Well I smell the smoke when I am stopping and it smells like tranny fluid. When I get stopped I look under the hood and discover that the retard that did my tranny had put the cooler on the back side of the radiator and it had came loose hit my fan blade and smashed into my radiator. Well I guess she'll be down for a week or so. Had to tow it back 20 miles and didn't go to the races. Sorry so long but had to tell.

1972 Chevy Blazer 2wd, tach, tilt, a/c, my first engine overhauling experience, Orange, with white top

2006 Gmc Sierra, XM, Z-71, dark blue, onstar, leather, rear entertainment (audio only) heated seats, (the wife loves that feature) upgraded tires immediately after purchase to Goodyear Wrangler AT/S (hate those rock throwers that come from the factory)
BWC
chevy72402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 01:42 AM   #2
bigvinnie

damn, that will ruin your day for sure..... I guess after having not driven it for so long it's a good idea to take a few local test runs and make sure all is well before making a longer trip.... can't imagine an experienced tranny guy doing that with the trans cooler....hope that's not an indication of how the trans was built...???

72 Stepside Project
bigvinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2002, 07:35 AM   #3
Wabash

dAMN that tranny guy should be shot in the head. what a damn RETARD.my son could figure that one out and i dont even have a son.

sorry to hear about your trouble.
i always try to do it myself that way if it fu#$s up i can blame myself.
Old 06-09-2002, 11:18 AM   #4
hwedding56

That sounds like my luck. I put in a crate 350 in Jan. 2001 tried to put the miles on it. Have 8000 now. (I give up). When I put the new motor and new water pump. Boom the heater core goes. (Has Air what a pain) Then Boom there goes the radaitor. New Radiator. Then Boom there goes the hoses. Now that they are replaced things are just fine. It just takes time to get the bugs out, but you know that already. Hang in there it will all work out.
Herbie
68 1-1/2 ton Dump 12' rock Bed soon to have fast68's 292 installed
72 GMC 3/4 ton Crew Cab 402 BBL
400 tranny ( ok I bought it from Crews) Its one ugly long WB long bed 4 door truck!!!!!!!!!
hwedding56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 01:08 AM   #5
72sleeper
[]D [] []v[] []D

i got a new 350 crate motor put in my truck and about a week after takin it easy to let it get broke in i was sittin ata redlight and i shot a lifter and broke two rocker arms, that night me and my dad got to lookin and bein a normal dad he tends to know alot about cars and he noticed that my rocker arm studs were backin out of the heads (pressed not drilled) so we had to take off my heads a week after buying the motor and my dad had to take them to his work and tap all the holes and put inall new studs then a week later i saw smoke comin in mycab and found ot m heater core had busted i dont have air but still ended up takin off the hood and fenderwell then we get that fixed and my water pump explodes so i run to autozone and thecool new guy thinks he knows the part without lookin it up so he gets the wrong one andi tell him but hes older so he knew better and by the time ifound out i was right they were closed so i had towait a whole nother day to get it runnin and thats just the problems with my motor and not the ones with my tranny
72sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote