The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
724wdcopper
graphic designer

radiator options

well, just so you guys know, a 95ish radiator will fit with a little "massaging". went to my dad's shop to resolder the upper rad inlet, and he pulled out a brand new aluminum stocker for a 95 type chev. measurements are pretty much exact, other than the hoses are a bit smaller on the new rad. i dropped the new rad in, but it was just touching the drivers side core support. a tiny bend with a cresent wrench fixed that, but it was still kissing the core support. so out came the 10 ton hydralic port-a-power, and (like watching a train wreck) my dad spread the bottom of the core support about 1/4 inch. it wasn't pretty while he was doing it, but you cant tell. then on to the hoses. i went to the closest shucks and searched the isle to find hoses with the diameter to fit the new rad, and thin enough to slip the existing hose over that. the bottom hose outlet doesnt have the bend like the stocker, but it's not too bad. overall, within 1.5 hours, my pickup had a new aluminum radiator!
724wdcopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

That is good info to know. Does the lower radiator outlet have the upward bend like on our style 4wd radiator?
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote