The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #1
audioholic

Wanting to buy a 2wd... what's the going rate?

Hey guys. I posted a while back that I was/am looking at a couple blazers. Well its actually a case of my buddy in Iowa knows where there are some, and I want em.

Okay, so I call my buddy Steve a few weeks ago to tell him to keep an eye out for a 67-72 4x4 blazer. He says he knows where a few are around his area and would get back to me. Well the one he got back to me about is supposedly a 69 4x4 with a factory bigblock, but Ive been told here you guys dont think such a thing exists. Well Steve swears he's known the guy basically since he had it new, and it is a factory bigblock. Still working on that deal, there's been complications....

Anyway, Steve also tells me he knows where a couple of blazers were sitting, but he didnt know the owners. I had him check them out, and turns out both those blazers are 2WD's. He said "I know you dont want a 2WD, its too bad... one of them has a cherry body". I said "oh I want it alright". lol

So he found out this week who owns the 2wd's (really only interested in the one with the nice body). He called me this morning, said he found out the guy who owns them (get this) buys them to remove the bodies, replace it with a fiberglass body, and use them in tractor pulls. So I guess there's a 2WD class..? So yeah, the owner of the 2WD's sounds like a genius, I predict I'll own the truck very soon.

My question is (I know, finally), what do you guys think a truck like that would be worth? All I know is its a 72 2WD with a 'cherry body', small bock, been sitting... I realize its hard to say without actually seeing it (wish I had pics, I haven't even seen it, but Steve is a autobody man for over 30 years, if he says its nice, its nice), but Im sure you guys have more insight into a guess than would I. Ive pretty much decided if the guy wants any sort of reasonable amount, Im gonna buy it. How often do 2wd's come around that haevn't already been built and want 20k for. I just want to get an idea what 'reasonable' is. Any input or comments would be appreciated. TIA.

edit: Im also still working on the bigblock 4x4 still also. Once I get more info on it I'll let you guys know. Like I said, Steve swears up and down its a factory bigblock.

Last edited by audioholic; 04-19-2005 at 01:50 PM.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

2wds are rare. I say you can basically double the value of a 4wd truck. Without more info and pictures, it is very hard to say. What is the interior like? How complete is it? Does it run? Has the body been modified? If the body is in good shape and it is an original 2wd in driveable condition, I'd guess a minimum of $3,000. There have been some real junkers selling for more than that on ebay and collectorcartrader.com.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
audioholic

Okay thanks for the info bouncytruck. I wish I had more info on it, but that's all I know at this point. but, some of my best deals have come from this type of situation, so Im hopeful. Thanks again.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
71swb4x4

If you don't buy the other let me know, I am close to Iowa, and would love to have another project.
Shawn