The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

thanks stllookn

the first guy that looked at that longhorn bought it. i'm sorry i have no split rims to give you now. i guess 650 bucks for a big block auto longhorn was too much for the first guy to pass up. i was kind of bumming about it today. but as fate would have it i had to drive right past that truck in seattle you turned me on to...black cheyenne 3/4 ton big block auto air etc etc etc. i drove past then did a u-turn and went back. it's still sitting there. i went in and talked to the owner about it. (he wasn't there when i stopped in before) long story short it's now my truck. 1500 bucks. dunno how i'm going to get that beast home. but when i do i'm going to yank the heads and see whats up. im hoping for just a head gasket problem. i owe you for setting me up with this deal. i don't know if you'll be interested but remember the truck you came and looked at? i'll be stripping out the cab completely, just metal will be left. i will be keeping the box for a long term project i'm piecing together. if you want the cab and chassis and title you can have it...no charge. if not i will put it on the board for 125 bucks. thanks again....mark
CG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
stllookn
Saving 1 truck at a time!

Mark...YOU DOG! I offered him $1500 for it and he tried to take me up the ladder...to $1750! I guess he figured that he wasn't going to get any better offers. That is an outstanding buy...only a head gasket and dizzy and you will have it running. Drain all the oil and water from the lower end and pressure oil it before you start it. Seriously...I am really glad you got it...it will be a great truck. I stopped grieving over it when started on the Longhorn quest. I want to think about that offer...I have lots of room in my pasture now.
'69 Flxible Cruiser (look up ugly in the dictionary)
stllookn is offline   Reply With Quote