The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
Brewski*

Lake of the Ozarks Street Meet Nationals This weekend! INFO from local paper.

Here is the info from Lake Sun Leader: Anyone coming down. Let me know. I am not entered this year but may display the new 68 GMC burb on Sat~!

Central Missouri, will welcome all makes, models and years of cars, trucks, and motorcycles in one spectacular show, May 6-8, on the Bagnell Dam Strip in Lake Ozark.

The show is free for spectators and is expected to attract more than 10,000 visitors and 700 street rods, customs, trucks, street machines, led sleds, and motorcycles from all over the United States.

"We're excited to bring back the Street Meet this year, especially since we're opening up the show to vehicles from the Model T, to the very newest models," Trish Roberts, executive director of the Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, said.

Alan Sullivan, chairman of the Street Meet Nationals: "We think having all the cars in one location will allow car clubs to be together and add to the fun."

Why the name "Magic Dragon?"

"Magic Dragon was a logo used to promote the Lake of the Ozarks because if you see the Lake from the air it looks like a dragon. The name was used for our very first car show, and now it's our 'Golden Arches'"

For participants, the street meet will offer a chance to display and earn honors for their prized vehicles.

Entrants will be judged in a variety of show classes for domestic and import vehicles, along with choice and speciality awards, such as, best supercharged, best interior, best exterior, best paint/graphics, best ICE (in-car entertainment) and more.

Show hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday, May 6; 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, May 7; and 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Sunday, May 8.

Winners will be recognized at the awards ceremony at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 8.

Other activities will include a morning cruise, a 95-mile ride around the Lake of the Ozarks, the Dam Poker Run, an evening cruise on the Bagnell Dam Strip, swap meet and Shop Hop, door prize drawings, vendor booths, and live music from the 1950's and '60s, playing into the night.

For children, the Make-n-Take model activity will return, this year kids will assemble and take home a model 1970 Chevelle, free of charge.

Two Street Meet Extreme events also will be big attractions. For the Auto Transformation on Saturday and Sunday, two area businesses, Mister Detail and Super Lube, will transform a car from stock to show.

The Sound Competition is also sure to draw a crowd.

"Guys put incredible sound systems in their cars, and a db meter measures the decibels to see whose system is the loudest," Sullivan said. "Some even put about 12,000 pounds of concrete in their cars to keep the sound inside and boost the db's."

Anyone with a cool car and a good stereo is welcome to come by and have his system professionally rated.

"With the Street Meet located in the historic Bagnell Dam district of the lake, you really get the feel of American Graffiti when you see all the cars, trucks, and motorcycles from the past lining the strip," Roberts said.

Sullivan notes, "There truly is something for everyone in the family to enjoy at this car show. We invite residents and visitors to come out and just have fun."

The registration fee for the Magic Dragon Street Meet Nationals Car Show is $30. Those who register from 4-8 p.m., Thursday, May 5, may take advantage of special show discounts on lodging, attractions, and entertainment.

The event is sponsored by the Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, Missouri Eagle, Super Lube, Mister Detail, Custom Motorcycle Creations, Value Tire Center, Big Surf Water Park, and Big Shot Amusement Park.

To register, or for more information, visit www.lakeareachamber.com, or call 573-964-1008 or 1-800-451-4117.
Brewski* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

I'm going to be heading down there on Saturday, but I'm not going to be bringing my truck, not this year anyways.... Where are some good parking places going to be, I know that they will fill up fast...
Hope to see you there!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Mudder

Man I wish I would have known......... I've always wanted to go to that show but it always fell on the same weekend as Springfield. I would have gone but the trucks needing a couple of things done to it. I may just take it and drive up there Saturday or Sunday.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #4
Brewski*

ttt
Brewski* is offline   Reply With Quote