The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

shipping advice for us guys that dont ship much

i dont ship much stuff. ive sold some things via ebay. my advice is to really know the actual cost of what your shipping and not just take a ballbark stab. take pictures of what your selling so you can post it, and then before you post it pack it all up and know the exact dimensions and weight so you can quote your price. shipping costs have really gone up and that part you quote for 20 bucks including shipping may just put you in the hole. i shipped a couple of boat seats and and some other stuff that was very close to being oversized. i measured everything very carefully...so i thought. i sent a long bar that was under the length size limit by what i thought was plenty. the box was almost flat and only about 7inches wide. i didnt take that width into account and it cost me extra. the seats i shipped in two boxes, and cost me over 30 bucks more than i quoted. anyway just a heads up. if your selling stuff to make some extra cash dont lose it by messing up your shipping quote.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
ratfreak888

i have had very bad luck wih ups in the past 7-8 months. seems to take them forever, guess they are too busy racing nascar. have been waiting for 1 tire since january. they don't know where it is even though the seller got tracking number. good old usps for me
ratfreak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 AM   #3
rwgregory

I have had excellent luck shipping parts in the belly of a Greyhound bus. They are a joy to deal with, open nites and weekends and normally will get it to it's destination
in half the time as UPS. Only downside is that person recieving pkg. has to go to
Greyhound to pick it up. Also, shipping costs are normally a good deal less than UPS.
rwgregory

67 GMC 2500 ,2w/d wide box
305 V-6, 4-speed
rwgregory is offline   Reply With Quote