The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
MARIOS68PANEL

Parts :Sacramento area, Cheap

There is a guy with a big yard full of chevy and other parts . He is selling everything dirt cheap , He has alot of stuff left. Chevy , GMC , 58 -70`S
Trucks and Blazers and a couple sub`s
He is at 901 straugh rd in Rio Linda , Ca. Evrything is going to the crusher if we do get to it. I`m going back today for my second run at it.
Just thought I should share the info.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:09 PM   #2
MARIOS68PANEL

ttt one time
Old 05-29-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
Hart_Rod

I'm looking for a nice rust free upper and lower tailgate for a 67-72 suburban. Any help?

Rob
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:19 AM   #4
4x4Poet

Tell him to hold off on the crusher till July.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

I went over there a month or so back... Did not see any 67-72 trucks. Where is he hidin em?
Old 05-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #6
MARIOS68PANEL

Chickenwing , I was out there friday and saturday
, I should have taken the digy cam with me but I didnt, He has plenty. Its not all chevy trucks , There are some f@#ds and dodges but he has a pile of chevy stuff . Afew long beds and a step or two a couple 70`s blazers and a 70`s sub or two. A couple 50`s chevy trucks I counted at least 5 van tilts I didnt have enough cash to buy.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

I'll drive by this afternoon. That road deadends if I remeber right. His place the last yard on the left?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:22 AM   #8
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Marios68panel: I managed to get over there yesterday afternoon. I only got to see half the yard though. 1 van, no tilt. About 6 of our trucks 1 4wd blazer, 1 k20 the rest c-10's and 20's, 1 of wich was a short bed. All fleet sides. Spoke to a black guy, said he remembered ya.
Story is the state has denied these guys a dismantlers permit and the landlord is going to convert it to a pick-n-pull style donation depot. Any change to these yards HAS to be a good thing! Looks like a tweaker hang-out. I am looking forward to a good wrecking-yard less than a mile from my house.
Will go by again this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll get into the other half of the yard...
Old 05-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #9
MARIOS68PANEL

So you got in the last yard on the right ....not left. The big guy was a great help. The orange blazer they wouldnt part witrh ... I Tried.. I didnt even get tho the far end of that place. The part you pass as your driven you . I dont know if its all the same yard. Is it? If you get into the other end let me know whats there. He told me the storie about the donation station but He was telling me if they did it there wouldnt be any parting out ,I figured the same thing ,,,,TWEAKERS So I didnt think any more of it . Well I hope someone gets something they need before it all goes.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:32 AM   #10
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Ok so I WAS in the same yard. Where were the van tilts and how much did they want for em? Yeah there is evidently another yard just before it. There is no dividing fence. There were 4 other fleetsides in eyeshot.
I woulda denied em a permit too. Place is just nasty, to top it off there is a wetland south of there just teaming with waterfowl. You just know the poor buggers are being poisoned. I think if a pro moved in there they could get one. He mentioned Donation Depot. They have a nice yard in Antelope/Roseville, so it MAY happen.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:26 PM   #11
MARIOS68PANEL

The step side had one. The van I got the captains chairs had one and there are a couple more vans withem too. He had two up front by the bus but one of those had the key . I think that came from truck , Not sure tho.. It is a big mess out there. That place is one of the last of its kind in calif , Isnt it? I would love to go through all the guys yards along elverta and baseline and look for parts. There are some big piles out there and probably (not for sale) , The three words I hate to here.you got an addy for the other yard? I woulkd love to see that mess cleaned up too. Its good property . but he told me too that the owner wont sell it. That area will probably be next in line for the cookie cutter homes that they are puttin up around there.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:53 PM   #12
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

There is 1 more... On Elkhorn make the 2nd left past the railroad tracks its on your left in front of the levy.
Saw one stepside. It was latemodel key in column. Saw 1 van but Dear God!! You took the seats?!! Looked like a burn recovery.
How'd you hear about them anyway? You got family close by?

Last edited by chickenwing; 05-31-2005 at 12:57 PM.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:55 PM   #13
MARIOS68PANEL

No family. I drive through there every day , I work at the galleria in Roseville. I saw the signs they put up on baseline. Spray paint mess saying wreakin Yard Sale 25 years collection of Chevy trucks LOL . But I had to look . Took me all day to find the dang place.. Middle of nowhere. Is that other one close to Ther corner of Marysville blvd and M st. or was it back up m st. further ? I think I pasted it . It didnt look like they where open at the time. I will go take a look . Have you been in there . Do they have our year of trucks.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:13 PM   #14
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

When you are leaving strough rd turn right on marysville then the first right go to the end. Never been in there, looks like another tweaker heaven. Saw a nice ocher/white c20 pullin a gooseneck over there. he might have some...

Maybe you can stop by some time. I live off of W.2nd. Usually home by 2:00pm.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:44 PM   #15
Jeremy_5
Truck addict

Have either of you guys been to the 67-72 dealership/wrecking yard in old roseville (I think it is on Washington Blvd down the street from the placer county fair grounds). I have drove by it a few times, not sure what they do if they sell parts or what, but they have had a white SWB 4x4 for sale for a couple years now they want like $9,000 for it and it isn't even that nice. Just wondering if any one has been to it?
Jeremy_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:57 PM   #16
MARIOS68PANEL

Yes , The guys name is Eddy Spradlin. addy is 200 washington blvd. 916-782-3533 He has a pile of good parts. I bought a set of front doors for my panel from him. He has allot of new stuff to. And a few trucks. The two to the right as you pull in there are all parts. A 68 chevy and a GMC . He has reasonable prices on everything . IMO . I think he sells trucks for other people that set there own price , Not sure. He has a bad azz panel and a very sweet sub niether for sale. He does Buy-sell-trade. I posted info on here about him but it is barried by now. You should go by and visit him . He is nice guy with alot of good info. Not sure we could get him to go online but I tried, lol

Last edited by MARIOS68PANEL; 05-31-2005 at 08:59 PM.
MARIOS68PANEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #17
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Total opposite experiance than I had. I needed a fuel sending unit like a dead man needs a coffin. Went down there and he argued with me about what type of unit I needed (vented or not). Finally persuaded him I needed one that has a return line. Watched him pull one out of a parts truck, wasn't too rusted... Asked him how much and he says $25 bucks! I turned the part over in my hands and ask him if he had a meter so I could check the sweep. He says no. I was a little annoyed, so I said no thanks and gave it back. Figured, I'd try to save the trip and find something else I needed. Asked him if he had any aftermarket steering wheels. (He sells some new stuff too) I had budgeted a little over a $100 for one. He handed me one from a late model truck. I asked him if he had any of the wood ones with a bow-tie center. He got offended and acted like nobody could want what I want. I realize he was probably pi$$ed that I refused the sender. He definately rubbed me the wrong way. I won;t be back.

The white 4x was nice. Isn;t 9k nice but it is nice. He'll find a sucker for it sooner or later.