The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
bagged91
Out draggin'

I give up.. How do you get this freakin' Cruise to work????

I finally finished installing my cruise control today and I can't get it to work. I pulled my vaccumm source from the PCV valve line. I have vaccumm to the transducer but none coming out. I have no vaccumm at the vaccumm switch or anywhere. Servo checked OK when direct vaccumm was applied. How do you diagnose the vaccumm system on these? As far as electrical, I'm pretty sure I have the wires all hooked up correctly but if you know how I'm supposed to check for power to whatever needs it, that would be great. Oh, I'm using a turnsignal style switch for mine, not the underdash CruiseMaster switch if that makes a difference.

Thanks. Joe
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"

Last edited by bagged91; 06-01-2005 at 09:23 PM.
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Harold Shepard

Joe my original is hooked into the vac tree at the back of the Intake. The tree has three ports on it besides the brake booster fitting. It sounds like the transducer is not energizing. Where do you have the plug connected to the fuse panel? If I remember the original has a piggy back on it for the radio wire. The cruise wire plugs in first then the radio piggy backs from it. Start there and check with test light to make sure you are getting power to transducer, if not problem is in the Transducer. There used to be a guy in Kansas, Roger Koop- ad in Hemmings that had Nos stuff and worked on these cruise set-ups. May try a search for him, as I don't have his number handy. Hope this helps.
Harold Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
cdowns

you couldn't have picked a worse place to get vacumme from than the pcv line. use a fitting off the manifold as suggested above. then go from there
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
bagged91
Out draggin'

I have that 3 way fitting but I didn't install it(has Edel. intake with a single fitting on it now).I will try that tommorrow. I did piggyback the power from the radio feed on the fuse block so at least I got that right(the rest only goes one way so that should be fine.)

Thanks a lot fella's! Hopefully ya won't need to bail me out anymore. This was supposed to be a WORKING cruise when I bought it. Looks like it's make ME work.

Thanks again!
Joe
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
bagged91 is offline   Reply With Quote