The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
camaro__thunder
Epoxy Primer Friendly

Byc Arms

look what the big ugly truck brought me today
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2005, 05:18 AM   #2
smbrouss70

who makes those? and where did you get them?

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:33 AM   #3
2low72

is that upper and lower, i'm going to buy from him, how's the quality?
Old 06-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
camaro__thunder
Epoxy Primer Friendly

Byc Arms

They are Barnyard Customs arms. http://WWW.BUILTBYBYC.COM/ They are very heavy duty. They come with poly bushings, tierods etc... I'll post some more when I get them on. I just got the lowers for now.

Last edited by camaro__thunder; 06-11-2005 at 03:04 PM.
camaro__thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #5
bagged69c10
soon to be bagged64sub

I may be a dumba$$ but I dont know if I would trust the little plate where the balljoint is. It just doesnt look very reinforced.
1993 Sierra x-cab
1999 tahoe-4/5 on 22s
2005 Chevy work truck
bagged69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
SCOTI

What do you guys think about this 'liability' statement copied from their web-site. Note the part in italics . . ....

Barnyard Customs will repair or replace any Barnyard Customs products found upon our inspection to be defective in materials or workmanship within 12 months from the original purchase date. This date will start at the date the products are delivered to the end user on backordered products. The warranty is for the original purchaser or wholesaler.

Neither the seller nor Barnyard Customs or any representative of either will be responsible for any loss or damage or injury from any cause including defects of Barnyard Customs products. under no circumstances shall Barnyard Customs, the seller or any representative of either be responsible for consequential damages with respect to economic loss or injury to person or property, whether as a result of breach of express or implied warranty, negligence or otherwise.

Barnyard Customs products are designed and manufactured for off-road, and/or show vehicle use. Barnyard Customs products are not D.O.T. approved or intended for street use. Purchase and/or use of Barnyard Customs products implies recognition and acceptance of this entire warranty and disclaimer by customer. Any use of Barnyard Customs products for uses other than the intended original use will void the warranty. This includes but is not limited to the following: Racing, hopping, 3 wheeling, jumping, dragging or any contact of the parts with any road surface or other object by accident or on purpose.

Barnyard Customs products are in our opinion "overbuilt" with oversize tubes and thicker than needed plates and brackets. We feel these parts will not break even under the harshest conditions. However, people find ways to break anything. Be safe and use our products smartly
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-11-2005 at 08:56 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #7
jlaird

their just trying to cover their ass. IMO, has nothing to do with how they feel about their products. Just legal stuff. That statement in italics is very common among aftermarket companies. I'm sure they just copied it from some other company's website.
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #8
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaird
their just trying to cover their ass. IMO, has nothing to do with how they feel about their products. Just legal stuff. That statement in italics is very common among aftermarket companies. I'm sure they just copied it from some other company's website.
That's one way to look at it. Imagine if you bought these and one broke and you hurt someone. It's going to be tough to plead your case when the product you have on your vehicle was specifically intended for off-road use. That is...if you are still alive.
Personally, I would rather buy control arms that are DOT approved. They are a pretty important part of the vehicle.
I realize everyone does stuff differently, and some people will buy these and use them on the street with no problems. I hope no one has a problem with them, they do "look" beefy.
Maybe they are trying to get DOT approval now, and they have that disclaimer until they do obtain approval.
Who knows??
Old 06-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #9
2low72

Well I thought about it long and hard, I decided to go with ART strong arms.
they were only $180 more shipped for upper and lower. They should be at the house by the time I get home from this deployment. Can't wait!