The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
matt67350

Who's running a 1406 and 700r4?

What is the best way to set up the TV cable to the 1406 carb?

If you have pic's that show the setup that would be great.

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 06-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #2
GlennBrittain

I just completed installing a 700R4 with a 1406. I used Bow Tie Overdrives TV Made Easy Kit. Worked great, I ordered thier shift linkage kit, but did not need it. I took the bracket off of my turbo350 installed it on the 700R4 then the stock linkage hooked perfectly. Also if you order thier transmision temp. gauge consider ordering a seperate drain plug kit for the sensor. The sensor installs in place of the plug. I am leaving this morning for Tyler Texas, if you do not find Bow Tie's internet site, I will look it later and take a picture.
GlennBrittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
Guff

I also just completed a 700r4 swap with a 1406. I went the cheap route and got the TV cable geometry corrector bracket from TCI (part# 376710) and a cheap adjustable throttle cable/tv cable bracket from Autozone. I had lots of trouble making the tv cable bracket work. I had to do a lot of adjusting and fabrication and it still doesn't seem to be adjusted properly. Maybe If I used the tv cable bracket from TCI (part# 376700) it would have turned out better. If you have the money, I recommend using a kit like the TV Made EZ kist from Bowtie Overdrives.

1969 C10 LWB, 350, 700R4, 3.73 gears
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #4
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

I'll vouch for the Bowtie Overdrives kit too. I had it rigged up with various stock parts I collected. Got it adjusted pretty good but it would down shift and hunt od constantly. Installed the BTO carb bracket and tv spring in the valve body and instant factory performance. Used the factory style connector. If I had it to do over, I would use the Locar style. If you have lots of bugs to work out where you are constantly removing the carb, the cable shroud gets chewed up from the ratcheting detents on the factory style cable lock. Makes me nervous that my detents will slip one day.

Do not recommend their gauge. Very cheesy construction. Light actually melted the case. go with any gauge you want but go for the lowest starting temp you can find with a cap around 235 on the sweep.

Edit: It takes my tranny temp gauge forever to come up to 175 or so. If you are able, buy one of those tranny line manifolds that will accept a temp bulb. You plumb them in on the pressure side of the chiller lines. Reading will then be immediate and a better indication of actual. Think Autometer makes em.

Last edited by chickenwing; 06-15-2005 at 02:30 PM.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote