The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
1976K5CHALET

Stupid question....

Here's some mindless trivia i would like to put to rest.
73-91 vent window rubber weatherstrips...once replaced...
does the rubber go on the outside of the door shell or does it get
pinched inbetween the doorshell openings? Does anyone own a unmolested virgin or do we have a ex gm tech that worked for chevy back in the day? Its killin me as my buddy is a glassman here in town and has no idea as he has seen them installed both ways...

Doug W.
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Wink

Im not shure how this qualifys as trivia??

Also your ? is a bit confusing maybe a pic would help!

I have had my truck since new so its got the original rubber in place just the way the general installed it!

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

The earlier ones were between the metal, the later versions (after 88 or so, IIRC,) came out and over the metal.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #4
1976K5CHALET

If its not trivia i'm not sure how to label it then....
But i have another chevy buddy here in town and when we stand around the garage things like this come up and get debated...and jonboy seems to be right on track....and its something gm would change mid run...i'll bet it had to do with wind noise past the doors as 79-80 they added the extra weather strip on the top of the door and it was held in with two screws.

This debate started with me walking in to my garage yesterday and finding a set of 90-91 doors laying up against my work bench...it seems the local scrap yard had a blue k5 in the heep and my friend who drives a mixer for a living happened to drive by and see the k5......he caught the 90-91 power mirrors right away and proceeded to snag the doors for me since i have been trying for two years to find the harness the pass side brakets to mount the mirrors...so during inspecting the doors and the usual you owe me speech the question arose....

Assuming there is no dumb question....would someone teach a moron how to learn the subtle art of posting pics? I would like to learn that one as all the web end of blazerchalet.com is handled by aaron who is a computer guy by trade...and me...well its amazing but i fix diesel electronics by trade...CAT, Cummins,Detroit....ABS by Meritor,Bendix,Eaton etc...but i can't master posting a pic...and HTML is scary...lol.

DW

Last edited by 1976K5CHALET; 06-24-2005 at 12:16 AM.
1976K5CHALET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I don't understand your question at all, but... I have been told that GM changed the vent window weatherstripping on the 88 and up Blazers and Suburbans to reduce wind noise. As I recall, it is an upgrade that can be done to older vent windows. I have no experience with this, though.

You don't need to know any html to post pics. There are instructions in the FAQ that tell you how to do it. The most complicated part might be resizing the pics if yours are too large, assuming you will be using this board to store the photos rather than hosting them yourself. If you host them yourself, you can make them as big as you want.

You can resize them with a free program called Irfanview, available at www.irfanview.com. The program is pretty intuitive, and there are tutorials on the internet that you can find by googling "Irfanview tutorial."

If you have any problems understanding the FAQ, or resizing the pics, PM me. I can answer your questions tomorrow since I am about to go to bed.

In a pinch, I will host them for you, but it would be better, of course, if you can learn to do it yourself.

Slonaker
Old 06-24-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
bowtier
Nobody rides free

"Does anyone own a unmolested virgin" :hit:
I wish that very thing everyday
'01 Blazer - daily driver

"It's better to burn out than it is to rust."
-Neil Young
bowtier is offline   Reply With Quote