The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-24-2005, 10:13 AM   #1
jcfoote60

gas tank conversion

Hello, I have a 72 SWB 4x4 I am completing and one of my remaining tasks is to remove the saddle tank from behind the seat and have purchased the blazer/conversion tank for installation between the frame rails. I actually have the full setup for fuel filler from a 72 blazer and had intended on setting up the truck to have the fuel filler pop out accordingly on the rear bed panel. I have seen this done and it looks....well OK, but not cosmetically optimal as I would like. then I found an after market fuel filler that bolts onto the side of the sheet metal (flush mount), in the truck and car shop catalog. Does anyone have experience with this solution? Any suggestions? Thanks for your input

Jim
jcfoote60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #2
TN70C10

I found this in the FAQ section. This is an awsome solution IMO because I dont like the fuel cell in the bed or the fuel door on the outside of the bed look. It will take some time but I think it will be well worth it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php3?t=77104
TN70C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
tomatocity

I like the idea of using the side marker as the fuel filler door. Earlier tonight I read that someone had done this and has a problem filling the tak full because of the low filler tube. Look at the pic that shows the tube and tank relation and you can see the possible problem. I was planning on using this and now I have to think of something else. I have a wide WB so I am thinking of experimenting with the tail light. Essence of 56 Chevy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN70C10
I found this in the FAQ section. This is an awsome solution IMO because I dont like the fuel cell in the bed or the fuel door on the outside of the bed look. It will take some time but I think it will be well worth it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php3?t=77104
Old 06-25-2005, 03:26 AM   #4
tomatocity

What parts are needed for a gas tank relocation? How much deeper (closer to teh ground) is the new tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfoote60
Hello, I have a 72 SWB 4x4 I am completing and one of my remaining tasks is to remove the saddle tank from behind the seat and have purchased the blazer/conversion tank for installation between the frame rails. I actually have the full setup for fuel filler from a 72 blazer and had intended on setting up the truck to have the fuel filler pop out accordingly on the rear bed panel. I have seen this done and it looks....well OK, but not cosmetically optimal as I would like. then I found an after market fuel filler that bolts onto the side of the sheet metal (flush mount), in the truck and car shop catalog. Does anyone have experience with this solution? Any suggestions? Thanks for your input

Jim