The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

End of an era

WEll i finally went and did it
As some of you know a few months ago i sold the 76 project truck my son and i had due to his lack of respect for everything and anything associated with his life. Its a long story but in the last year or so hes done everything he could to buck his mother and myself and has turned his nose up at any form of rules including the law.
Today i sold the 1986 chevy leaving me with no more 73-87 trucks. It was a bittersweet moment as i need the cash , and im downsizing pending another moveso it was not feasible to keep her anyway. I sold it for alot less than i wanted ($700) but the woman i sold it to gave me a sob story and i felt sorry for her.. she is leaving the easton PA area and travelling to texas to start a new life, fleeing from a relationship she claims was abusive. She had two small children so I felt kinda bad and i hope she wasnt snowing me.
So for now while i will still haunt the halls of this site i dont have any chevy trucks... still try to help when i can and hopefully ill find another truck when things get better for me and i will return with an even better truck...

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:32 AM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

come on bob ya still got the ford so its not all bad

keep in touch n stay around.. trucks or not your still part of the family
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Maby your next truck will be "no rust c10" You did sell pretty cheap. Hope you were not snow balled to. I try to see the best in people so maby she was telling you the truth. Hope you get another '73-'87.

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

eh, Bob it happens. i was down to just my '77 for a while, and was actually looking for another 88-98, so they would outnumber the 73-87s for once. now i dont think that will ever happen.

you'll find another one when the time is right. until then hang around and talk trucks. hey, at least you're not selling it to buy a MudStain.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:01 PM   #5
screwballl
Tonawanda 454

i feel for you, i sold my 76 C1500 for $1200
i wanted to restore it and make it into a stock looking sleeper with a 383 and smoke these local ricers...
oh well time to power up my burb
-------------------
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:15 AM   #6
BowTieMan

Well look at it this way. One era ends but now you can join the good era and get a 67-72 truck. We all know those are the best era for chevy trucks.
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
BowTieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #7
crosby

Hi Bob, sorry to hear about your son. Mine are all little (5,6,7,7) so they're easier to control (contain?). He'll come around eventually. I think everybody was at least a little crazy in their teens. Anyhow, keep the faith (buy a 67-72!). I've got a project truck that may take the rest of my life at the rate I'm going. Getting there is half the fun! Have a great fourth man!!
crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

im not goin anywhere ill still haunt the boards and all just no truck youre right in time ill get another.. im getting restless already lookin for something to work on lol

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote