The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
2low72

Need to sell!! Opinions please

I have to sell my truck do to personal reasons and would like your input on how much I should expect to get? Click the link in my sig for pictures and If you need more let me know!

Here are some specs

Engine:
70’s model 350, number on the block reads 3970010 70,000 or so miles
Internally not sure prev. owner built it
Edelbrock performer RPM intake
Holley 750cfm double pumper
Headers,2 ½ inch pipe to 2 two chamber flowmasters dumped before the rear end(installed 10 months ago)
Mini starter I installed about 6 months ago
She smokes a little black when she starts but she starts and drives great

Transmission:
350 TH B&M stage 2 shift improver kit
Has about same amount of miles on it
It has a leak from what it looks to be the pan gasket
Changed the flywheel with the starter
Still has the 2 piece drive shaft connected to a later model GM 10 bolt rear end. 373’s (not sure exactly)

Body:
I just had most of the body work done by a professional shop. They shaved the cargo light, installed new cab corners
And fixed a couple of dents and dings it has. The passenger side outside rocker panel is solid, the driver side has a small hole from rust, and a
Small pin hole on the driver side floor pan. Nothing to big. Prev. owner shaved the antenna hole on the cowl, and filled the gas tank filler hole in the cab.
It’s not perfect but not far from it. It has all the clear deluxe side marker lens’s and taillights. The bed floor has been raise to clear the C-Notch in the rear
I had the roll pan welded on on the back, the front bumper is bent up, but I have a paintable one that goes with the truck. Grill is original and daily driver shape not to shiny any more. The inner front fender wells have been removed for tire clearance, as with some of the inner parts of the fender

Interior:
It has carpet and bench seat from a early 90’s Silverado, prev owner cut out the stuff for the AC but the heater works great. It only has defroster duct in it and the pass. Side defroster vent is not there. I painted the dash bezel, Ash tray and other misc parts. Headliner trim is cracked on all corners but it does stay
Attached to top of cab. It’s non-tilt auto column with a grant steering wheel, I installed Autometer oil press, water temp and ammeter (ammeter not hooked up)
Gas tank was relocated to under the bed. The gas tank is out of a Mazda pickup so the ohms for the sender is not right for the GM gas gauge(at full the gauge reads past full then empty in between full and half a tank) Dash pad has a cover over it so I don’t know the actual condition of the original pad itself. Stereo wise it’s a Kenwood deck 50 watt by 4 channel, 2 Infiniti reference 6X9 in the doors and 2 one inch tweeters in the air vents. the driver side windshield post has a hole in it from where I guess was a spotlight. Emergency brake needs the cables that go to the drums for it to work.

Electrical:
All the lights, windshield wiper work except for the reverse lights. Haven’t had a chance to figure them out. Wiring is pretty original except stuff I’ve change for the stereo an what not.

Wheels and tires:
Wheels I painted black with krylon and clear coat. Front tires, I’m not sure how many miles but the look old, rear tires I bought a year ago. They still have good tread.
Center caps I also painted and had custom stickers made for them. Tires up front do not rub at all. The rear looks like they do but barely on the outside when a big bump comes along.

Suspension:
Front has upper and lower strong arms from air ride tech, Firestone 2600 air bags, with ½ line to a 5 gallon tank that is pumped full by a 450 Viair. The rear is not bagged yet but I do have an air over leaf kit to go with it and if the behind and under axel bag brackets don’t sell on the parts board then they will be included.

Thanks for any input you can give.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
pjmoreland

Can you post some pictures?
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
2low72

pics

Old 07-20-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
2low72

And here's some more after the front bags were installed!!
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

Don't take this personally, just basing this on stuff in my area, but that
is a $2500 - $3500 truck depending on the buyer and his desire for it

I'm guessing you are probably in the $4500 invested range on it now
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #6
1STtimePRo'71

I agree. It all depends on who looks at it. Cause there are a few things that I dont like about it that would make me want to pay less to own it. Again just my opinion, non-theless It's a nice truck.

1967 2 Wheel Chevy
1STtimePRo'71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
71swb4x4

If you REALLY want to sell it, take it to a Maaco type place, throw a $300 paint job on it, and ask $5,000+ for it. Of course it's a risk, if it doesn't sell you have a truck with a mediocre paint job. But I think your chances of selling it quickly are drastically better.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:55 PM   #8
2low72

I won't take anything personally, all i want is feedback. I know i won't get what i've put in to it. i'm just wondering what a good starting price will be and then go from there. I was thinking of getting it painted but i haven't found any cheap places around here to get it done at.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #9
franko72
Franko72

My guess is you probably have some bucks tied up in the truck. those add ons dont come cheap as far as the custom suspension and bodywork. I think that you should invest in a paint job and do the bumper and get around $4,000 to $5,000.00

1972 C20 cheyenne Super 402 BB/400 turbo LWB A/C Tilt, Cruise Control, Saddle tanks, Tach
My Home Page
Better to burn out than it is to rust
franko72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:59 AM   #10
chip46wis

My 2 cents worth--a quick paint job would really make this truck----ask your local auto parts store who does this on the side (paint) also if there is a vocational school with a auto body course you may try that for getting it done---our local Vo tech does this for training new body men for materials and a small fee for overhead,I have seen some nice jobs come out of there for a few hundred dollars-----
chip46wis is offline   Reply With Quote