The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
rocknrolloutlaw

what to do about these crabs?

edited the title for more response. sorry no crabs.

so i tried to sell my truck in hopes of getting a car. But how will i pick up parts? So im not selling my truck. I just need to decide where to start on it. I have a 71 frame that i bought for the 5 lug and disk brakes. I want to totally redo the brakes and suspension. (since i have the frame right there in front of me) Also new body mounts. Freshen up my engine and swap it in, then I figure i should paint the bottom of the cab while i have it off then sit it on the frame. throw on the rest of the body and go. Right? Im not doing any major body work, except patch panels on the bed so i can work on it as i drive it.

Where would you start?

Last edited by rocknrolloutlaw; 07-25-2005 at 04:34 PM. Reason: better title
rocknrolloutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #2
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

Get the bare frame ready and painted, paint and mount all suspension components & rear end and tada, you have a rolling chassis. Build the motor bolt it to the tranny and install. Run fuel lines & brake lines. Paint the truck apart. Put the cab on then put the front end sheet metal (radiator support first). Install the bed and if you're like me in about 2-1/2 years you'll be done.