The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
milehightoyz
AttentionDeficitDisorder

milehightoyz's Avatar

Location: COLORADO
Seller: 68Dually on ebay *****BEWARE*****

Just giving you guys out there a heads up if you come across this guy on ebay or maybe even this board. His Ebay ID is: 68Dually. A good friend of mine bid on a lowering kit he was selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

He won the auction fair and square for $25.00 and immediately following the auction, he gets this email from the seller.

Subj: eBay Item: Chevy 1 ton lowering suspension slam kit (Item
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:53:27 -0400
From: 68dually@bellsouth.net
Don't know what happened...but this ain't going to happen! The buy it now price is $200.00 w/$100.00 shipping and handling. If you want it for this then we can talk. If not...sorry for your trouble. I have a copy of the original ad when it was displayed. jeff

When asked why he was not holding his end of the bargain he replied:

Subj: Re: Re: eBay Item: Chevy 1 ton lowering suspension slam kit (Item
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:13:34 -0400
From: 68dually@bellsouth.net
Use your head man...it ain't going to happen. E-bay goofed the ad. Origianlly it was 50.00 dollar starting price and 200.00 dollar reserve. When it relisted...don't know what they did. But it was not this.

Oh well, just thought Id throw ythis out there. BEWARE of shady sellers.

Have Fun!

John
milehightoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
ed455
Captain Ed

Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Your friend needs to file a complaint with eBay and leave negative feedback. That's classic the way he blames it on ebay when he screwed up the listing himself. He got daily status reports on his listing and would had plenty of opportunity to cancel the auction or revise the listing. I am approaching the 300 mark on my feedback rating and have been both a buyer and a seller. The only listing goof-ups have been on my part.
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
ed455
Captain Ed

Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Should we flood his email account? I've seen that work.
ed455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
panhandler62
Java Mechanic

panhandler62's Avatar

Location: Martinsburg, WV
I feel the seller's pain -- but you have to follow through on what and how you list. it is the seller's responsibility to make sure their ad is correct.

I wouldn't make it personal -- just file the complaint.
__________________
Keith
11 Lincoln MKT -- Momma's wagon
13 G37xS -- middle age crazy car
68 C20 Fleetside -- RIP
Decorating the whole town up at a cost of $27 ....
panhandler62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

da-burb's Avatar

Location: Springfield, MN
The seller had 5 days to figure out his ad was wrong. Blaming Ebay just doesn't cut it.
__________________

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

LUV2XCLR8's Avatar

Location: Maple Grove, TN (West Side)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da-burb
The seller had 5 days to figure out his ad was wrong. Blaming Ebay just doesn't cut it.
__________________
Owner/Op: "TN Classic Transport Carriers"
The Toy: "Square Vette" 72 Hybrid Blazer
Toy Barn: "LuvShack" 40 x 60 x 20 Shop
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Joe67
67 is sold

Location: Troy, Michigan
I agree with the above, but looking at these parts, tell him he can keep them.
He claims he sold the truck before the installation? Those parts look pretty well used in the pics...

__________________
Joe - Formerly 67c10step
-------------------------------
1967 Chevy Stepside - ECE 4/6, fuelcell, 5lug - SOLD

gr8lakes - My ebay auctions

Click here to order forum apparel :: Click here to become a subscribing member
Joe67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:38 PM   #8
screamin_c102
Account Suspended

screamin_c102's Avatar

Location: Yoncalla Oregon
Heres his original auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7986166208

Notice the $50.00 opening bid, he forgot to add a reserve when he lowered his starting bid on the relist.

He probably would have done better if he had not listed it under "lift kits"

whatta mook.
screamin_c102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:21 PM   #9
masterbeavis
Having issues

masterbeavis's Avatar

Location: Eldorado Ca, an hour east of sacramento
OUCH!! $100 S&H?? fawk that with a bat!!!
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.

The Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
masterbeavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks