The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #1
slammd72

edc mounted. need advice on setup

alright...i finally have the bracket made for my edc. i got the correct belt and everything seems to be funtioning ok. the compressor spins freely w/o the clutch engaged, and it engages perfect and seems to pump good. but we'll find out how good when i plumb it up.

so i know that i need some special components for the york to perform the way it should. from what ive gathered on various sites it that i need this set up

going into the compressor an intake filter, coming out of the compressor using onboardair fittings to the Coalescing filter, then to the check valve then to the tank. right?

also ive heard that i need to run the coalescing filter as far away from the compressor as possible. is this true.
slammd72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:05 PM   #2
slammd72

Red face

heres some pics of it
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
r0lf-
Hotwheels?

The way I run mine is just like you said. You have an air intake filter. then your fittings to the comp, then the filter, then to the blowoff valve, then the check valve. Its important to have the BOV so you dont kill your compressor if it gets stuck on trying to fill to 400PSI.

Oh and is your oil fill on the left or right side? I fill my comp with about 1oz of oil every month when I check my motor oil. It blows through a decent amount of crap due to the open circut.

Last edited by r0lf-; 07-31-2005 at 08:48 PM.
r0lf- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
slammd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lf-
The way I run mine is just like you said. You have an air intake filter. then your fittings to the comp, then the filter, then to the blowoff valve, then the check valve. Its important to have the BOV so you dont kill your compressor if it gets stuck on trying to fill to 400PSI.

Oh and is your oil fill on the left or right side? I fill my comp with about 1oz of oil every month when I check my motor oil. It blows through a decent amount of crap due to the open circut.
i have no clue where the oil fill is. Where do i find it? cool. so then you do go in that order from discharge of comp. to tank FILTER, BOV, CHECK VALVE

also what psi do you get your york up to? and what psi is safe to run all the time? what coalescing filter, check valve, blowoff valve, and intake filter and where did you get it from?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
Hart_Rod

Nice job on the brackets. I might do this after I put my new engine in (5.3/4l60E).

Rob
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:29 PM   #6
slammd72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rob
Nice job on the brackets. I might do this after I put my new engine in (5.3/4l60E).

Rob
thanks...that is the prototype. it kinda looks like crap in person. it is lined up perfect tho. while im waiting on the fittings, filters, etc...im building a better bracket. if you notice the one i built i had to reinforce the f$%k out of it because i build it with 1/8' steel. the new one is 1/4' steel and will be cleaner.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
BUDDY
Global warming is a myth

I like the bracket too. You might be able to plumb in a filter that will allow you to drain the oil getting into the output line back into the compressor, but I'd rather do it this way oiling mod then you are all set & not having to worry too much about it.

By the way, that guy has an awesome site for lots of detailed technical projects, check it out obi-wan

see ya,
2003 Discovery SE7 - Wife's
BUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote