The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

Pictures for Jim_PA

Here are the pictures I had on my computer. This is my parts truck, but the cab is most definately going to be used on my project. If you need better pictures I can get them I will also try and get pitures of the inside of the bed tonight if the rain stops long enough.
Attached Images

GloryHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

Here are some pictures of the inside of the bed and closer ones of the dents!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

two more!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2005, 10:23 PM   #4
Jim_PA

Thanks for the pics -- I just got my truck today, and the bed I have looks to be about the same condition as yours, but I appreciate the info-- Here's a couple of pics of the new ride. . .

I'm thinking I'm just going to try to use this one for a while while I hunt for a good one.

Jim_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

Looks like you got a nice looking solid truck there to start with. I like the 67-68 styling the best. What size engine does it have? I'm getting a Big Block 402 for my project. I have a lot of extra small Block stuff around so if you need anything in that department let me know. Also my brother lives out your way in Lebannan, PA and he has alot of older car parts (mostly 66 impala), but he knows alot of the salvage yards in that area and is a pack rat for any old car and truck parts. I like to trade normally, but I'm not against helping out a fellow trucker in need either!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #6
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryHound
Looks like you got a nice looking solid truck there to start with. I like the 67-68 styling the best. What size engine does it have? I'm getting a Big Block 402 for my project. I have a lot of extra small Block stuff around so if you need anything in that department let me know. Also my brother lives out your way in Lebannan, PA and he has alot of older car parts (mostly 66 impala), but he knows alot of the salvage yards in that area and is a pack rat for any old car and truck parts. I like to trade normally, but I'm not against helping out a fellow trucker in need either!
It's not bad.... cab supports and rockers have been replaced a while ago, the doors aren't in the best of shape. Compared to things I saw for 1000.00+, I got a heck of a deal for $300 . I eventually plan to strip it down and fix it right, but for now I just want something to play with/drive to work every now and then, haul some light stuff, etc.

No engine - I'm looking for a small block in decent running condition (350 or 400) for starters and I'll eventually want to pull it and build it up. TH-350 trans (supposedly works fine), dual exhaust w/headers, and what appears to be factory bucket seats (unless someone swapped them in).

Just needs an engine, and I should at least be able to drive it!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:07 AM   #7
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

Well I've got a 305 V-8 that ran good when I pulled it out of my parts truck two years ago. Only problem it had was a leaking valve cover. I've got two 350's but one looks like it blew a ring. The other one I pulled out of the 71 never even tried to turn it over which was probably a good thing considering it wasn't bolted down. I also have alternator brackets, Power steering brackets, pulleys, stock two barrel intakes, stock 2 barrel carbs, a torquer 4 barrel intake, and a holley 4 barrel 600cfm carb for sbc's. Also once Hotrodmtodd gets around to it I'm getting a running 350 supposedly a 4 bolt main from him. My brother has some 283's out in Lebannon, PA. I would let go of the 305 for $75 and for $75 more get you the alternator brackets, power steering brackets, two barrel intake and carb, all the pulleys, and an extra set of valve cover gaskets to replace the one that was leaking. You can even keep the the old alternator and starter, not sure if they work, but if nothing else they will work as cores at advanced auto/napa/auto zone/Pep boys.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #8
Jim_PA

I'd like to get a 350, so that when I'm ready to build it up, I can go to a 383.

I'm leaning towards a factory roller cammed 350, but I might be getting a little too picky....